Stepmania

With tv out and if we could ever get some sort of powered/host usb I could plug my pad in with. This would be the worlds greatest app ever!

I think StepMania needs OpenGL to work, which is why I suggested Pydance.
The games are of the same type but there are ports of python already for the GP2X Which would make Pydance easier to port.
I'm not too sure when the GP2X will have full support for OpenGL.
Stepmainia was the first one that I looked at though, as it's the one that i've tested out for friends before.

***EDIT***
I could be wrong as it says on the web site that it needs a computer capable of Direct Rendering & I found a mention of SDL. This mean that SDL uses Direct Rendering for the graphics? I thought it just did basic 2D, audio & control?

***Another EDIT***
Here's the forum link for the discussion on PyDance.
I think that a port of this would probably be easiest for the time being.. but i'm not too sure as I havn't got my GP2X yet to try & test it out :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering Direct Rendering is XFree-speak for "hardware acceleration", it probably requires OpenGL and uses hardware acceleration on the videocard.

As for the second half of your question: SDL can set up an OpenGL context and do some minor translation of surfaces.

I'm pretty sure someone can easily create a Stepmania-like program for GP2X. The simfiles have a relatively simple format, and you could tone down the flashiness as seen in Stepmania.

I am up for any dancing game where I can use my pad, tv out, and regular step files.

That would be SOOO awesome, portable dancing for where ever there is a tv. How about support for 2 dance pads too *drools*

ravuya posted on Dec 26 2005 at 02:17 AM said:
Considering Direct Rendering is XFree-speak for "hardware acceleration", it probably requires OpenGL and uses hardware acceleration on the videocard.

As for the second half of your question: SDL can set up an OpenGL context and do some minor translation of surfaces.
Could always put the 2nd processor to use for that...

thecheat posted on Dec 28 2005 at 09:55 AM said:
ravuya posted on Dec 26 2005 at 02:17 AM said:

Could always put the 2nd processor to use for that...

Would be great to see, I don't care wether its Stepmania or pydance (hehe I met the developers xD) as long as it's got Pump it Up! support :) !!

reallynotnick posted on Dec 28 2005 at 03:10 AM said:
I am up for any dancing game where I can use my pad, tv out, and regular step files.

That would be SOOO awesome, portable dancing for where ever there is a tv. How about support for 2 dance pads too *drools*
I somehow can't see it being too portable considering you need to carry a dancemat with you. Perhaps Stepmania on Xbox would be easier if you wanted a TV.

Rico posted on Dec 29 2005 at 07:16 PM said:

I somehow can't see it being too portable considering you need to carry a dancemat with you. Perhaps Stepmania on Xbox would be easier if you wanted a TV.

..... Well I guess I don't own an xbox number one. 2 a xbox is still a lot bigger then a gp2x.

Plus I can still play without a pad with the gp2x.

:lol: you guys are all stupid! In The Groove owns all :lol: (it does)

but look on the bright side you guys stepmania can play all of them so no more complaining! :D

Rico posted on Dec 30 2005 at 01:16 AM said:

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=...products_id=204

yeeeeeeh

I guess you 'dance' on them like a person would with your two fingers. Sort of silly. Four finger spread style 4 lyfe.

Back