Status Of Psx4gp2x Work Being Done :)

This is weird...none of my stuff works that used to....at ALL. And everything I've tried has been in .bin format. My FF7 bin (which I ripped personally) just hardlocks my gp2x with a black screen. Threads of fate hardlocks after the squaresoft logo (sometimes the frames per second still keeps flashing around), and Rhapsody is the same as ff7. What could be the cause of this? Also I've tried changing the frame cycles (on threads of fate) and messing with all kinds of other stuff to no avail.

Have you tried the things that zodttd have explained in an earlier post
and also on his homepage : http://www.zodttd.com/

And if that dosent help then try to rip the cd's again the way "devestation" explaines in an earlier post
devestation said:
What always seemed to work for me is if you have some sort of img (or iso, or anything else), mount the image using daemon tools. Now, with this image mounted onto a virtual hard drive, use Alcohol 120 (or something similar) and rip an image of the virtual dvd rom drive to a .bin file.

Last edited by a moderator:
mr.miyagi said:

And if that dosent help then try to rip the cd's again the way "devestation" explaines in an earlier post
devestation said:
What always seemed to work for me is if you have some sort of img (or iso, or anything else), mount the image using daemon tools. Now, with this image mounted onto a virtual hard drive, use Alcohol 120 (or something similar) and rip an image of the virtual dvd rom drive to a .bin file.

Like I said before, they ARE in .bin format. I'm also on a Mac.

Ok I have a question... I have been knocking myself out trying to get this to work. But do any of the Hot Shots Golf games work? I have the first one working... but I could not get "Hot Shots Golf 2" or "Hot Shots Golf Open Tee" to work. I thought maybe Open Tee would be a choice since it was a PSP game.

Sorry if this may not be an appropriate place to ask... if no let me know and I will start a new thread.

It would be nice have a list of compatible games for this EMU.

LegendaryMachine said:
mr.miyagi said:

devestation said:

Yes, i know what you said in the last post.
BUT if the program you use to make raw files(.bin) does the same thing as MagicISO, then try another program and make the bin/cue files again

Like zodttd said: MagicISO doesn't seem to convert to RAW format, though it says it can convert to ".bin".

find another program for your mac and try again.

mr.miyagi said:
LegendaryMachine said:
mr.miyagi said:

devestation said:

Yes, i know what you said in the last post.
BUT if the program you use to make raw files(.bin) does the same thing as MagicISO, then you need another program to make the files.
fx:
zodttd:

MagicISO doesn't seem to convert to RAW format, though it says it can convert to ".bin".

find another program for your mac and try again.

You say that like there's an abundancy of Mac disc ripping software. :lol:

LegendaryMachine said:
You say that like there's an abundancy of Mac disc ripping software. :lol:
he yups, sorry i dont know anything about a mac... :)

Douglas McIntosh said:
What About Linux ?

I initially used actoneiso2 to rip my psx discs.

http://www.acetoneteam.org/central.html

They worked well with previous betas. Now they do not seem to work at all. Anyone know the best command line for ripping psx cds under linux.

Brilliant work though.

cdrdao read-cd --read-raw --datafile gamename.bin --device /dev/cdrom gamename.toc

I must have misunderstood what was posted earlier... I didn't not expect img files to work... but work they do...

woo woo woo.... Hot Shots Golf 2 seems to be working... it did lock on me after 2 holes but that could just be an anomaly. It seems to work rather well clocked at 250 with tweaks on and the interface count at 0, slow but playable at between 7 and 13 fps.

Now if I could only get Hot Shots Golf Open Tee to work afterall that one was made for the PSP.

Update: Problem with the save state... the game saves but there is no sound.

Just so people are aware, I've rewritten the dynarec over again, using some different techniques. I'm also considering adding ISO support again due to peoples difficulties. Lot's more to come in the next days. I will make a better update on www.zodttd.com soon.

please keep the compatibility with RAW :D i don't want to convert again my files :D

I hope the "new" dynarec will improve again the perfs :)
Good job !

evol said:
Douglas McIntosh said:
What About Linux ?

They worked well with previous betas. Now they do not seem to work at all. Anyone know the best command line for ripping psx cds under linux.

Brilliant work though.

cdrdao read-cd --read-raw --datafile gamename.bin --device /dev/cdrom gamename.toc

You are a very nice person.

Douglas McIntosh said:
evol said:
Douglas McIntosh said:
What About Linux ?

Brilliant work though.

You are a very nice person.

You are a very nice person but the rips still do not work with the latest beta for me. They work fine with the previous release. Have tried both colony wars and grandia.

After telling me the game has loaded successfully the screen just remains black and nothing happens. Is there some other blindingly obvious thing I have missed ?

Thanks,

Douglas

I've downloaded the newest version of psx4gp2x, and went trough my game collection, I do have another box filled with psx games but i seem to have misplaced it... So expect more gametests from me!

Mickey's Wild Adventure:

40 to 50 fps, so almost fullspeed, at 240 mhz with ram tweaks, with sound, psx cycle 2, interlace 1 (you don't really notice the diffrence, but the fps is much higher) If you play without sound, you can clock the psx cpu down to 80& wich seems to provide a less variable fps. Sadly this game stops loading after the first lvl, the loading animation goes on, but after 15 minutes it still won't load.
I've tested the rom with: 'Psx emulator' (http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/), the rom works in the pc emulator.
(ps, the emulator is the easiest psx emulator for pc, you only need to provide the bios...)

Cheers!

Raphaelo

Back