Starcraft?

dak

Still Fresh
I was wondering if we will be able to play Starcraft on Pandora. If this is possible, I am buying one toot sweet.

windows game... no source obviously-not going to happen. However, if your not interested in online play (lets be honest... wouldn't work great on pandora) then theres always the n64 version which is the thing to watch if your a starcraft fan though i wouldn't expect n64 at any good speed right away it is definitely a possibility for it to be playable after the pandora has been out a while based on the speed of the unoptimized dreamcast daedalus port http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthrea...hlight=daedalus

dak said:
I was wondering if we will be able to play Starcraft on Pandora. If this is possible, I am buying one toot sweet.
Forgive me if I sound mean here, but If you have to ask this question then the answer would is no :p

if your not interested in online play (lets be honest... wouldn't work great on pandora) then theres always the n64 version
There was an n64 version? That scares me. At any rate. The low n64 resolution and lack of mouse support would kinda kill the game. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone could port Stratagus, then we could use the Starcraft mod Stargus.It still has a long way to go until it´s really similar to the real Starcraft.
That someone being me. :) .... but to the GP2X .... for now.

Yea Stargus isn't very far (although the SVN is much more up to date than the releases), but the last version of Wargus seems to be very playable.

icurafu said:
I would focus on Warcraft 2 with that one. StarCraft isn't very playable.
Are you talking about WOW (World of Warcraft) because if you are that would be totally wicked to be on a hand held like this!!!!! B)

#1 GameMaster said:
icurafu said:
Are you talking about WOW (World of Warcraft) because if you are that would be totally wicked to be on a hand held like this!!!!! B)

Nah, the Warcraft games went:

Warcraft - RTS, Dos, probably already playable on the GP2x using Dosbox, since it runs fine on a 16MHz 386.
Warcraft 2 - RTS, Dos, needs much more power (ran well enough on a 486 66MHz, but whilst it'd open on my 16MHz 386, it was more of a slideshow than N64 would be if it were on GP2x).
Warcraft 3 - RTS/RPG, Windows, very pretty, and with a good story, though not quite as chraming as 2. Needed about a 1GHz machine and a good 3D card. No this will not work on Pandora.
And finally:
World of Warcraft - MMORPG set in the world of the aforementioned games, especially of Warcraft 3, since the other two didn't have undead.

They're in the same series, but NOT the same game, or even the same genre of game.

#1 GameMaster said:
icurafu said:

Eh, no. He's talking about Warcraft 2. You know, the second game in the series of three RTSes that built the foundation for the popular MMO?

EDIT: What Tobriand said much less asshole-ish than I did.

atomicthumbs said:
Jackd said:
if your not interested in online play (lets be honest... wouldn't work great on pandora) then theres always the n64 version
Kaillera with Project64k maybe?

Doubt it, there's no way that project 64 will be the n64 emulator that makes it to the pandora, also as the emulator progresses im sure it wont have a great menu with a bunch of cool features, ittl be like psx4gp2x is now because optimization will be the most important thing.

Zarneth said:
dak said:
Forgive me if I sound mean here, but If you have to ask this question then the answer would is no :p

There was an n64 version? That scares me. At any rate. The low n64 resolution and lack of mouse support would kinda kill the game. :huh:

You would think it would be unplayable but i have a friend who played it up until 2006 when someone finally gave him the pc version. Its honestly not that bad of a game and im pretty sure it has split screen multiplayer in campaign mode which would be cool via tv out.

Well we probalby have good chances of getting Globulation 2 (I think there's a Debian ARM version..) It's an RTS game.. of course, that's probalby where it's similiarities end.. (still fun though)

I've played the N64 version of Starcraft quite a bit, it had split screen 2 player and was actually quite fun (took a little while to learn the controls, but after that, I actually preferred them). However, as far as emulators go, I haven't tried it in a while, but I don't remember getting the game to work on anything other than Project 64.. so I doubt we'll have much of a chance of playing it on the Pandora..

DawnOfTheRent said:
I've played the N64 version of Starcraft quite a bit, it had split screen 2 player and was actually quite fun (took a little while to learn the controls, but after that, I actually preferred them). However, as far as emulators go, I haven't tried it in a while, but I don't remember getting the game to work on anything other than Project 64.. so I doubt we'll have much of a chance of playing it on the Pandora..
You know, I've actually been thinking about this. Back when I had Kubuntu installed, I tried Mupen64 and it was horrendous. But it was the only one for Linux I could find. It's conceivable that Pandora could emulate N64, but that's assuming we have a decent emulator... Maybe someone's had better luck with it than me?

Yrx said:
You know, I've actually been thinking about this. Back when I had Kubuntu installed, I tried Mupen64 and it was horrendous. But it was the only one for Linux I could find. It's conceivable that Pandora could emulate N64, but that's assuming we have a decent emulator... Maybe someone's had better luck with it than me?
Yes, Mupen64 is far from being as good as best N64 emulators on windows. It is unstable and has a quite low compatibility level. And worst, the last update was released 2 years and half ago.

There is supposed to be another N64 emluator on Linux, called TrueReality, but it seems to be abandonned too.

hal9000 said:
Yrx said:
Yes, Mupen64 is far from being as good as best N64 emulators on windows. It is unstable and has a quite low compatibility level. And worst, the last update was released 2 years and half ago.

There is supposed to be another N64 emluator on Linux, called TrueReality, but it seems to be abandonned too.

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=43377 ;) :D B)

Back