Star Wars Ot: Seen It Yet?

kknd_cf posted on May 19 2005 at 06:43 PM said:
Haha that picture just helped me understand why they use attractive Hollywood actors in films.
indeed, bah, just believe it is Portman and it will be as if

Last edited by a moderator:
Twimfy posted on May 19 2005 at 05:37 PM said:
George Lucas needs his head checked, he might as well go take a shit on the Mona Lisa while he's doing his remake, as he seems like a pro when it comes to destroying art.

he might as well try to remake raiders of the lost ark :eek: (southpark rules!)

Magus 86 posted on May 19 2005 at 06:02 PM said:
I TRIED watching episode 1, but Jarjar made me want bash my own head into the wall repeatedly, so I turned it off.

I'm a starwars fan and thats how episode one made me feel too. Try watching the original three, much much better. I hated episode one so much I boycotted ep. 2 and I'm not really sure I'm going to go see ep. 3 in the cinema or not yet :unsure:

I am stuck in India which is lovely but all of my friends are able to go and see the new film in London. Gits. OT is original trilogy. I am going to have to use the Force to see the new film over here. I know I shouldn't really use it in public but needs must when the devil drives.

There is too many hindus, buddhist, sikhs here. I don't know. Hokey religions and acient weapons are no match for............

since i am french i can't tell you if it good or not said:
Ceci n'est pas une lune. C'est un station espaciale.

J'ai La Trilogie en Francais pour advancer ma langue.

Je suis ton pere....

Attend La cote Obscure de la Force

Besides the titles of the films are much better in French, pour example

L'Empire Contre Attaque.

Its a beauty.

Magus 86 posted on May 19 2005 at 06:02 PM said:
I TRIED watching episode 1, but Jarjar made me want bash my own head into the wall repeatedly, so I turned it off.

I had the same problem - though I watched EP1 in the cinema and couldn't find a wall or turn it off...

I'm a starwars fan and thats how episode one made me feel too. Try watching the original three, much much better. I hated episode one so much I boycotted ep. 2 and I'm not really sure I'm going to go see ep. 3 in the cinema or not yet :unsure:

I didn't go to the cinema or rent a DVD to watch EP2. Recently, it has been played at TV and I watched it and was pleasantly surprised.
Though not as good as the original ones, much much better than EP1 (Jarjar only appears for 1-2 minutes on screen, thank goodness!)

As fas as I heard, EP3 should be much more mature than EP2, so this is probably gonna be good.

Last edited:
Sorry, but ep. 1 is my fave...

... apart from the retarded looking Yoda. <_<

yoda_2.jpg

EvilDragon posted on May 20 2005 at 05:54 PM said:
As fas as I heard, EP3 should be much more mature than EP2, so this is probably gonna be good.

well, ignoring axeman (please don't spoil my utter loathing of Lucas by telling me it might be good...) I shall just point out one thing:

MIDOCHLORIANS

The only way I'll go to see episode 3 is if someone else wants to go see it, in which case I'll be taking my GP32 with me, in case I need it.

WrongEyedJesus posted on May 20 2005 at 12:09 PM said:
Besides the titles of the films are much better in French, pour example

L'Empire Contre Attaque.

Its a beauty.

I am french here! agree that the titles are good.. but can't say they're better than in english! The voice in french are not that good too.. (in the fourth episode, "milenium falcon" is "milenium condor" and "chewbacca" is "chiktaba".. amuzing...)
Hey c0ncept, I hate episodes 1 and 2 (jarjar, no link with other episode, long love story, to much fight and jarjar...) but I saw the third episode this afternoon, it's very good (but not as the 4-5-6 episodes.)

Yeah, I just saw Ep3, and while it might not have been as good as 4-6, it was MUCH better than 1 and 2. Jar Jar didn't talk, everything was tied-up plot-wise and most importantly, it FELT like a Star Wars movie.

In short, worth your money. ;)

I agree with the EP3 praise. It is absolutely amazing.

I liked EP1 (of course it's not as good as the OT, but it's still good) and loved EP2.

I have the orginal films untouched and the re-mastered ones. The re-mastered ones look odd is some places so I say leave the OT as it is.

This is the point in the topic where someone (i.e, Me) points out that they couldn't stand the original trilogy, let alone the new ones, and then gets completely ridiculed by the general Star Wars loving populous, isn't it?

Still haven't seen episode II but saw episode III last night and I thought it was pretty damn good. It's got a lot more action in this version than I remember from epI. Worth seeing.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:lol: Shush. Quiet you.

my US History teacher thinks that EP3 is an anti-BUSH film. ;)

but anyways, I saw It and thought it was easily the best of the trilogy but did think that 4-6 were a little better. and yes! thank god jar-jar didn't even speak!!!

I guess him not speaking is almost (but not quite) as good as him not being in the film period. I might download one of the phantom edits thats floating round the net at some point.

Back