Star Control 2 / Ur-quan

Vynx

I have an in-game question, I apologise if this isn't the place to ask, but it's been rattling my brains:

Why can I only carry limited cargo? I have plenty of space, but after collecting about 5 or 6 things, it makes a noise when I hover over something else to pick up and doesn't allow me to take it - any ideas?

I have an in-game question, I apologise if this isn't the place to ask, but it's been rattling my brains:

Why can I only carry limited cargo? I have plenty of space, but after collecting about 5 or 6 things, it makes a noise when I hover over something else to pick up and doesn't allow me to take it - any ideas?

Your lander can only pick up so much in minerals before you need to return to your ship. You can re-dispatch your lander to go back for more though. I think there is something you can buy from the Melnorrm that will give your landers greater carrying capacity though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your lander can only pick up so much in minerals before you need to return to your ship. You can re-dispatch your lander to go back for more though. I think there is something you can buy from the Melnorrm that will give your landers greater carrying capacity though.

Ahh, that makes sense - why didn't I think of that? :lol:

I'll also keep a look out for that lander upgrade. Thanks for your help :)

Ahh, that makes sense - why didn't I think of that? :lol:

I'll also keep a look out for that lander upgrade. Thanks for your help :)

The lander upgrades are most important as some of very rich planets are very dangerous. You will really need all those shields what can be bought from Melnorrm.

For the rest I will not spoil. :)

It's one of the best games ever made.

Back