Squidgesnes 0.34

I'm having a problem with SRAM. On Super Mario WOrld, my game got saved when I started it. However, after I beat the first switch palace and choose to save, then exit SquidgeSNES or even reload that ROM, it ends up that my save is still the one from the beginning of the game. Not the one after I beat the Switch Palace.

I guess I'll live with save states.

I just tried that in Chrono Trigger... my first save is also the only one that's actually saved. :(
Which sucks because I made a fair amount of progress. Oh well.

Sound is great! But I seem to have this issue with the neo geo emulator as well.. it seems to be on max volume. Is there a way to turn the sound down a bit? Thanks

Go into the music player or, the movie player, doesn't matter which one you choose. Now adjust the volume and then start squidgesnes and it will be fixed to the volume you set. It'll do for now. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe Squidge put together parts from several different ports of SNES emulators and made his own FrankenSNES emulator.

FrankenSNES :D I like it !

As for SRAM, currently it saves the SRAM ~30 seconds after the snes has finished modifying the SRAM, so if you save your game and then immediately quit, chances are the SRAM is updated but not written to the SD card yet. I intend to change this to be more configurable - the 30 second wait will still be there, but it'll only save once every 5 minutes or so, or when you exit back to the menu (in which case the 30 second wait doesn't apply).

Personally I find savestates a lot easier, even though they are cheating slightly - but hey, you have to have some fun :)

Another great release Squidge, nice battery level and great that you made the voltage selectable.

Bug: When exiting out of emulation back to the menu, the battery level seems to randomly change while moving through the menu selections.

Thanks again.

Just a quickie:

For anyone that wants to get rid of the bug that chops up sprites near the bottom of the screen, unpack the below archive to wherever you have SquidgeSNES installed. Note that this requires the full 0.34 version to work, so it must already be installed: www.squidgey.plus.com/squidgesnes034sp1.zip

are zips supprted yet? i love the emu but all my games are zipped and my card is full as it is.
Great emu though amazing progress.

Another great release Squidge, nice battery level and great that you made the voltage selectable.

Bug: When exiting out of emulation back to the menu, the battery level seems to randomly change while moving through the menu selections.

Thanks again.

i think i remember reading that the battery code repeatedly polls and then presents the average over (someone had guessed 5 secs) but also that button presses would interrupt this polling. but as i am no coder i just talk the talk...i could be dead wrong actually.

the truth could be that your gp2x somehow channels energy from the universe and puts it into the battery, but just a little bit, and since it's so power hungry it uses it right away. there never was a problem with the low battery indicator led...your battery never got low. it's like quantum entanglement except your batteries are extra entangled.

Thought my gp2x was bricked it won't boot after the first screen with gp2x on it
after 3 times it was ok :)

Edit:

Can't get the squidgesnes034sp1.zip work

i replace it with my 0.34 and all i get is a black screen

Back