Squidgesnes 0.34

updated my squidge snes aurora theme skin to work with new version & includes new icons for the new options etc etc...

Cap_2.PNG

get it at my site

working on a zelda version to go with my zelda skin..

Super Metroid still doesnt work :(

But I'm still donating a few bucks anyway :)

Super Metroid works for me, I have been playing it with sound and very reasonable speed just a few mins ago. Aside from a few graphical glitches and frame skip issues, it is pretty good considering the emulator is still in its infancy.

Last edited by a moderator:
is it just me or does it now not support as many roms?
it now only lists up to 'P' ......

edit- how could i forget, great update squidge!

* Automatic SRAM save/load
* Save state support (only one per rom at the moment)

Is this really in the new version too? If so why is nobody talking about saving!?!? Personally I think it is more important then sound, at least for just being able to truly enjoy the game and play it instead of just turning it on being like "oh wow sound!" *plays 5mins and done for the day*

Well either way this is coming along great and can't wait to see what this emulator will bring in the future.

Saving works and is awesome. :)
There, I said it.

Now to get back to Chrono Trigger.

Hmmm...I can't seem to get any of my roms to work. I either get a blank screen (which I let sit for a few minutes) or weird flashing horizontal brown lines.

Unplayable at the moment in my eyes, but christ this emulator is coming on fast, every version just gets better and better. Awesome work mate.

This post is just annoying me to no end and I have to know.. How is this not playable? So far I have tried all of my roms and with sound it is at a very playable speed. This is definetly a good release and I can now enjoy my snes games just as I am with my genesis games. Really.. what have you tried, or did you even try it yet?

Unplayable at the moment in my eyes, but christ this emulator is coming on fast, every version just gets better and better. Awesome work mate.

This post is just annoying me to no end and I have to know.. How is this not playable? So far I have tried all of my roms and with sound it is at a very playable speed. This is definetly a good release and I can now enjoy my snes games just as I am with my genesis games. Really.. what have you tried, or did you even try it yet?

I agree, it annoys me greatly as well. But some people just have high standards. So I can't blame him/her for that. Atleast his post was positive. :D

Now that this incredible emulator has made its weekend release, we just need firmware 1.3.0 now :p.

Earthbound works great with FS1 and sound :).

Earthbound, eh? Glad to know I'm not the only one who is playing that awesome game.

I get about 9 fps in battles and 14 fps on world w/frame skip 4, at 266 mhz. Very playable, but I am looking forward to see how this ends up.

Sound is great! But I seem to have this issue with the neo geo emulator as well.. it seems to be on max volume. Is there a way to turn the sound down a bit? Thanks

Earthbound, eh? Glad to know I'm not the only one who is playing that awesome game.

I get about 9 fps in battles and 14 fps on world w/frame skip 4, at 266 mhz. Very playable, but I am looking forward to see how this ends up.

Woh im definitely doing better than that. I have sound off when i play now. With frame skip 1 my guy runs very fast and i get close to 40fps.

Anyone tried Live a Live yet? It's typically been very fast on other emus based on Snes9x, although seeing as this one breaks with that tradition (case in point: Donkey Kong Country) it'd be interesting to see how other non-DKC family games that ran unusually well in the past do on this one.

Really looking forward to trying this emu out as and when my GP2x gets back :)

Back