Update Sqrxz 2 V1.10 (Pandora)

Kojote

Certified Guru
Staff member
Website
www.pdroms.de
After the success of bringing the classic Sqrxz game to several platforms, it's sequel Sqrxz 2 makes its second release platform on Pandora. Sqrxz 2 is a Jump’n'Run which requires a sharp mind and fast reflexes, high frustration is guaranteed. Ported by no one else than Mr. Pickle himself! :)

Storyline:
Another day another journey... As living on planet earth and its surrounding solar system seemed boring Sqrxz decided to check out another location in the universe. Just in case and to be extra careful he took a pocketful of emeralds with him to keep him in ready cash, but after starting his exciting journey he realised all his emeralds are suddenly missing! Retracing his steps Sqrxz notices mysterious creatures popping up all over the place to hinder him in his search... Oh what troublesome days... Help poor Sqrxz get back all his emeralds!

Features:
* Tough challenging gameplay – Extremely difficult; not for weaklings!
* Retro graphics!
* Hidden passages to discover!
* 10 tricky n’ hard levels!
* 11 marvellous chiptunes!
* Top 10 highscore!
* Infinite continue mode, which you will need badly in order to practise! ;)

Homepage: http://www.sqrxz2.de

* Feedback and Bugreports are welcome!
* We don't mind donations :)
* Join us on Facebook!

Last edited:
Kojote said:
Ah... That's the "1 download" on OpenHandhelds ;)
-koj

Make that 3 with my download.

Sqrxz is awesome! Looking forward to play the sequel. Thanks for making it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my first pass at it and completed level 1 :) . And indeed, it's just as great and frustrating as sqrxz 1 (if not more! :D).

I have the same comment as for 1 though: is it possible to have the pandora version fill the entire 800x480 screen (not stretching, but rather show more of the horizontal landscape)? Or would that kill or give away part of the difficulty?

Well, after five years... :) Thanks for the update notaz!

* v1.10 (February/2016)
- added soundcheck option
- scale options: bilinear, antialias and scanlines (Thanks Yannick!)
- added ability to change screen effects on the fly
- added ability to change screen size without restarting
- improved file system (old .zda files in /data can be deleted!)
- rewritten frameskip code
- normalized sfx
- fixed configuration saving
- new option to switch between combine up controls with jump or not (this option will come in handy for joystick players only)

Download: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=sqrxz2.pickle

Last edited:
Back