Tell Us Your Ideal Pandora Advertisement

craigix said:
Alerino said:
oooo... Involving China might not be the wisest idea.
Focus on Retrogaming and OpenSource-ness!

Why? We don't use slave labour. The cases are made by machines, we might even move the case moulds to the UK if we get our own machine.

How many other tech manufacturers can say they don't use slave labour?

If you guys do get a machine, how can I apply for a position? I would love to come to the UK and work for OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been named the greatest an most powerful gaming handheld of the 21st century........

{Insert part of OPT video (Craig/ED/Fatih?)}

It introduced us into the world of next-generation portable entertainment..........

{Insert part of developer video}

But it wasn't until now -- that the imagination could finally come to life!

{Then some part of this Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBP5CZeCqJA}

One portable device to rule them all!

One handheld to play them!

One handheld open to all!

And in the darkness bind them. :ph34r:

THE PANDORA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UDTbQrOGa0 :rolleyes:

craigix said:
Alerino said:

Why? We don't use slave labour. The cases are made by machines, we might even move the case moulds to the UK if we get our own machine.

Maybe they are slaves and kill themselvs...BUT they still can produce an incredible good quality even under this circumstances. ^^
Pandora Case Factory can't make the quality we (and you) wished. I smell a pattern... o_O"

it's very easy!

just use this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc3kGyYyqgQ and replace the ql with an pandora. done. :)

Noisome said:
craigix said:
Alerino said:

If you guys do get a machine, how can I apply for a position? I would love to come to the UK and work for OP.

no! i reserved a position already!
or well... not really, but i wish! :p

WizardStan said:
Except for the case. :p

And the tv-out cables. If/when they get ordered.

Can't we just get 500 sample tv-out cables?

fusion_power said:
craigix said:
Alerino said:

Maybe they are slaves and kill themselvs...BUT they still can produce an incredible good quality even under this circumstances. ^^
Pandora Case Factory can't make the quality we (and you) wished. I smell a pattern... o_O"

Oh, more dreamy trolling from you, you ***********CENSORED************

I think you will find only a fraction (about 2%) of the 500 shipped Pandoras have any issues at all - which we fix right away without issue.

Oh no... does it make you sad that the Pandora exists? Get used to it. Because it's going to be the best hand held ever made.

craigix said:
How much does an injection moulding machine cost? I'm guessing at least $30000, probably more depending on what's required for your moulds.

craigix said:
fusion_power said:
Oh, more dreamy trolling from you, you ********CENSORED**********

I think you will find only a fraction (about 2%) of the 500 shipped Pandoras have any issues at all - which we fix right away without issue.

Oh no... does it make you sad that the Pandora exists? Get used to it. Because it's going to be the best hand held ever made.
Umm... calm down?
I'm pretty sure they were joking...

Sigh. How about this as an attempt to steer back towards the topic...

We have snazzy over-contrast shows of a young guy walking around town, from all sorts of jazzy angles. We also see shots of the incredible over-the-top cute girlies* whose heads are being turned (with many a hair "flip" I imagine, certainly some long locks waving about at least). Gorgeous model lady after model lady, highly airbrushed before they were ven allowed on camera. Our young guy hasn't shaved for a couple of days but he's clean, energetic. The ladies might even start following him. At the end he walks up to his gal and gives her a good hearty hug n kiss before she says "Are you happy to see me, or is that a Pandora in your pocket?"

*think hair product or makeup adverts

Neko said:
craigix said:
How much does an injection moulding machine cost? I'm guessing at least $30000, probably more depending on what's required for your moulds.

i think a lot more... the moulds alone are more expensive. maybe they can get some cheap machines from bankrupt companies. new ones are too expensive imo.

LeChuck87 said:
i think a lot more... the moulds alone are more expensive. maybe they can get some cheap machines from bankrupt companies. new ones are too expensive imo.

I've worked in moulding factory several years. The boss managed to buy a second hand machine for 20000€, but it was a really crappy machine. The machine isn't the whole problem. Setting up the machine and all the other stuff I won't bother writing down here.

Btw Craig, I've reported your post. We are really happy here and respect each other, so you should either adopt or go elsewhere.

mali said:
LeChuck87 said:

I've worked in moulding factory several years. The boss managed to buy a second hand machine for 20000€, but it was a really crappy machine. The machine isn't the whole problem. Setting up the machine and all the other stuff I won't bother writing down here.

oO so the machines are not that expensive.. next problem would be to get qualified employees to get the cases right.. it seems pretty difficult.

EDIT: sorry for being that offtopic :)

THE PANDORA IN SEVEN SECONDS

Craig sits at a table, talking very fast.
Craig: "So I want to play Quake but I don't have a PC handy. With my Pandora I just download the engine, pop in the WADs annnd... there it is!"
Screen: The Pandora
Craig: "I'm Craig Rothwell and the Pandora was really my idea. Suck it, Microsoft."

Alternatively: THE PANDORA IN TWO MONTHS. The ad slot might get a little expensive, though.

craigix said:
fusion_power said:
craigix said:
Alerino said:

Oh, more dreamy trolling from you, you ***********CENSORED************

Troll? Cool, you the first one that call me so within 10 years of using Internet Forums, really. :) You must know things I don't even know.
I don't complain about you, or the Project or even the Pandora itself. I know how great the Pandora is, maybe more than you but I had to say, that the hard work you guys put in to make it as good as possible found no response onto the Case Factory.
I write this because in my humble opinion, the Pandora deserves a case, that fits to the device in quality. This factory is no newcommer or "cheap stuff" factory, so it was told me. They had alot of time for the case and I doubt they used this time wise and well (of course I don't know whats really going on there at all). I don't even think it has something to do with money because I doubt this would increase the Quality. maybe they did the best they could but maybe with a little bit more of passion they could beat out easily every other Handheld-case in quality.
Some people find, the Pandora case is ugly - I don't. I like the design, I like the finish even when I wished they were able to do it without using paint.

I hope, the Case Factory does the next 9K cases a little bit more carefully, leave the Shoulder buttons unpainted and maybe mask some other critic parts during painting so that no paint can disturb the fittings. Maybe, they even can eliminate smaller shrinking issues so the Lid fits better to the bottom. I wish this not becaue I hate the Pandora but because I love the Pandora. Nobody is here to bitch about the Pandora. :lol: Why should someone waste his time with this when he's not interested in the Project? I'm waiting for the Pandora like everyone else since 3 Years. Would be stupid to try to make the Pandora bad now, eh? ;)
I try to be less sarcastic in the Future, you guys had a tough time.

Peace!

EDIT @ Topic:
It only needs something like this to sell Pandoras:

battlecruiserpandora.jpg

(Old Advertisement of "Battlecruiser 3000AD" )

It's all good people, give Craig a break, how would you feel if after all the money time and energy you put into a project all you get is the dunce cap and pretty much being called a douche for being yourself. out of all the years I've been hear, I know Craig is not afraid to hit back when he's got hit with a cheap shot, I would be too- I do partly fight in MMA.

Keeping in mind once again that this IS an International forum, there are going to be times where the wrong thing will be said the wrong way to someone, just don't take it personally- the word c**t should never be offensive unless if you have one and feel objectified by it.

PS. While Craig and Co. are making this project an extension to their respective businesses- don't hold them to any artificial standard that they should automatically get things right on the first try- the most successful people in the world are the ones that find what they love and stick through it, with all the mistakes, pitfall, and short-comings intact.

Game_over said:
Keeping in mind once again that this IS an International forum, there are going to be times where the wrong thing will be said the wrong way to someone, just don't take it personally- the word c**t should never be offensive unless if you have one and feel objectified by it.
The reason the word is offensive is nothing to do with what it actually means, it's the emotion behind it.
For whatever reason, the word is considered socially unacceptable, and that means Craig somehow considered someone reprehensible enough that it was okay to use it.

Given that fusion_power does not seem to be remotely a bad person, I think it's perfectly reasonable to be offended by that.

However, I agree we should just drop it, especially since fusion_power doesn't seem to care. :)

Game_over said:
PS. While Craig and Co. are making this project an extension to their respective businesses- don't hold them to any artificial standard that they should automatically get things right on the first try- the most successful people in the world are the ones that find what they love and stick through it, with all the mistakes, pitfall, and short-comings intact.
I agree with this. However I have to admit that I did a falcepalm when I heard about "our own (injection moulding)machine". You know that kind of intensive double-facepalm, where you rub your eyes and shake your head at the same time.
Naivity and ingnorance is part of the reason why this project is still alive, but there _should_ be a time for a more thought-out way of doing things, imo. I'm a really patient person, but now that the second batch slips to september, I get slight doubts. Is this a typical estimation, which is usually off several 2-months-cycles or is this a thought-out estimation?
*points at "our own (injection moulding)machine" comment* ;)
Two years late we have a few hundred consoles on the streets. I hope it will be at least 10000 in 2010, else it will stay a collector's item, which I have no use for.

Back