Sqrxz 2 V0.80 (Wiz)

Kojote

Certified Guru
Staff member
Website
www.pdroms.de
After the success of bringing the classic Sqrxz game to several platforms, it's sequel Sqrxz 2 makes its second release platform on Pandora. Sqrxz 2 is a Jump'n'Run which requires a sharp mind and fast reflexes, high frustration is guaranteed. Ported by no one else than Mr. Pickle himself!

sqrxz2_20122010_184802.jpg

Storyline:
Another day another journey... As living on planet earth and its surrounding solar system seemed boring Sqrxz decided to check out another location in the universe. Just in case and to be extra careful he took a pocketful of emeralds with him to keep him in ready cash, but after starting his exciting journey he realised all his emeralds are suddenly missing! Retracing his steps Sqrxz notices mysterious creatures popping up all over the place to hinder him in his search... Oh what troublesome days... Help poor Sqrxz get back all his emeralds!

Features:
* Tough challenging gameplay – Extremely difficult; not for weaklings!
* Retro graphics!
* Hidden passages to discover!
* 10 tricky n’ hard levels!
* 11 marvellous chiptunes!
* Top 10 highscore!
* Infinite continue mode, which you will need badly in order to practise!

Homepage: http://www.sqrxz2.de

* Feedback and Bugreports are welcome!
* We don't mind donations
* Join us on Facebook!

Very cool!

I really liked the first part of the game, though I sometimes was short before freaking out ;)

Thanks for it, this will take my wiz out of coma!

I finally got around to trying these out (Sqrxz and Sqrxz2) and am very impressed! Awesome levels, music, and design and all for free. Nice present around the holidays! I really like that I can reassign the buttons in sqrxz2 because I find using A button works best for me (and the B button is squishy on most peoples' Wizzes)

One request if you release a newer version of these: There is a unavoidable 6 second (!!) delay after dying and it is very, very frustrating because you die a lot.. even the game's loading screen says this! Half a second or a second is really all you need, or at least make it so you can skip past the two messages with a button.

@SenorQ ill bring it up with Koyote if he doesnt see it here.

bman said:
Is there a source I could compile for the F200?

source is not open, but I would have(and will) supported a gp2x release for both the sqrxz 1 and 2, but I have yet been able to get libmodplug to work on it. Giana was released for the gp2x since there were ogg files. I think this would also effect the gp32 being ported.

Last edited by a moderator:
Senor Quack said:
I finally got around to trying these out (Sqrxz and Sqrxz2) and am very impressed! Awesome levels, music, and design and all for free. Nice present around the holidays! I really like that I can reassign the buttons in sqrxz2 because I find using A button works best for me (and the B button is squishy on most peoples' Wizzes)

One request if you release a newer version of these: There is a unavoidable 6 second (!!) delay after dying and it is very, very frustrating because you die a lot.. even the game's loading screen says this! Half a second or a second is really all you need, or at least make it so you can skip past the two messages with a button.

I've heared from someone else the buttons in Sqrxz 2 are not per default assigned like in Srqzx. We probably should change the default setting. Other than that I am happy you figured out how to use the button configuration ;)

For this delay, I'll talk with Thor - Maybe it's really something which needs change. I find it quite "relaxing" to have a short break so I can get at least very little down :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back