Spotify

eeekubuntu

Still Fresh
Hello

This is my first login to the forums even tho i preordered a year ago.
I was wondering if somone else wondered if it would be nice to get spotify
working on the Pandora?

- http://www.spotify.com/blog/archives/2009/04/07/spotify-opens-its-doors-to-developers/

Is this possibe? it is already ported to iphone, symbian, android.

eeekubuntu said:
Hello

This is my first login to the forums even tho i preordered a year ago.
I was wondering if somone else wondered if it would be nice to get spotify
working on the Pandora?

- http://www.spotify.com/blog/archives/2009/04/07/spotify-opens-its-doors-to-developers/

Is this possibe? it is already ported to iphone, symbian, android.

It's in Port Request section of wiki.

Yes, as long as the source code is available.

Here lies the source. Wikipedia states the software as proprietary so I'm not certain about ... hmm...

"System requirements

The system requirements for the desktop version are Windows XP (or newer) or Mac OS X 10.4 (or newer). The program can also be run on Linux and FreeBSD using Wine and the Spotify website has a section devoted to this topic.[25] Cache size and location is configurable. 1 GB or more disk space is recommended. On Mac OS X, a G4 processor or higher is required."

Nope. Not yet, anyway :ph34r: (Ninja'd)

Last edited by a moderator:
Developers interested in using libspotify can head on over to our developer site for more details. Initially we are offering support for Linux on IA-32, but we have plans to open up Spotify to more platforms and provide additional access to our services in the near future.

It's all up to only them since it's all closed-source.

No, it wont work. Spotify have released a library that will allow developers to write their own frontend, but despite having ARM versions of Spotify already out there (iPhone app), we're not seeing support for this in the library.
At the moment, only Linux on IA32 is supported. Our goal is to support a host of additional platforms in the future.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to have Spotify on my pandora, but it's not going to happen before the devs decide to release an ARM build of the library, or preferrably, the full source. It's not possible as it stands right now.

EDIT: You could port Despotify, but it's blocked for use if you don't have a premium account.

zhasha said:
EDIT: You could port Despotify, but it's blocked for use if you don't have a premium account.

Cool, its not that shiny and all, but if its going to work im pleased :)

eeekubuntu said:
zhasha said:

Cool, its not that shiny and all, but if its going to work im pleased :)

I remember seeing a Qt client for despotify somewhere...

ah, it even runs greate on my old Symbiam phone N95 8gb.
But it would fit the pandora quite nicely, dont you think?

zhasha said:
All other non-x86 (iPhone, Android ++) versions also require premium accounts :)

Back