Spiderweb Software Games

TheAmericanNomad

Still Fresh
Spiderwebsoftware.com makes games that resemble the games of past, that could run on stably, on older PCs. They offer free, large, demos that can be unlocked with a key code you receive when you buy the game.

Perhaps someone could enter into a contract with them, promising not to release the source code if they give it to them, and then you could release the games, or at least the old ones like Avernum I and Geneforge I, while keeping the key code in place.

Their consumer base and the Pandora consumer base certainly have a lot of overlap. Their costumers generally have a desire to return to the old style of gaming, and we obviously do as well (as indicated by all the emulators).

Getting these games onto Pandora could be beneficial to both companies.

Exile 3 was released on Linux, so the creator must not be completely opposed to having his software ported. Also, Blades of Exile is open source. It's one of the older titles, but I think it would look nice on the Pandora. I was thinking about porting it over once the Linux port is finished, but I haven't been watching the project that closely.

Back