Spam In The Caanoo Section

Yeah it's out of control. I havn't seen ED on here in a while so he might not even know about it, unless the mods have informed him. They could also make it so any new memberships have to be approved before posting is allowed.

Something has to be done about it. Every day there are 20+ newly opened spam threads and that makes the whole forum nearly unreadable. In nine hours between orion's and my post, this thread went on page two.

Akabei said:
Something has to be done about it. Every day there are 20+ newly opened spam threads and that makes the whole forum nearly unreadable. In nine hours between orion's and my post, this thread went on page two.

It's getting closer to 30 these days...

Last edited by a moderator:
Amon_Re said:
Want to stop the bots from entering? Require that when someone registers he resolves a riddle. These things are obvious to humans but so far unsolvable by bots. (The day bots do solve those is the day skynet becomes aware)

I have a lot of problems with captcha which makes me question my own humanity and whether or not I am a robot. I hope I am not an undercover skynet robot :blink:

Just trying to keep this bumped. It isn't as if it will do much or that the spam isn't obvious enough. But who knows.

They will keep coming back until some forum settings are updated to block bots, and with ED being the very busy man responsible for that, we'll be dealing with them for a little while yet. The mods are all on high alert now, so keep the reports coming and we'll keep it clean. :)

Note on reporting: You don't have to report every post. If we see a single report from a particular subforum, we're going to come in and see every spam post pretty quickly. Then it's a pretty quick job to clean the lot.

Yeah i was trying to keep the spam in check last week, i didnt monitor it this weekend so probably why others have seen how bad its become. Ive been asking for higher security methods.
The other problem we have coming up is the renewal of the gp32x.de domain. Hando has disappeared and doesnt appear to be contactable. So we cant renew the domain and we cant upgrade the forums.

One idea is to create a new domain that ED would register and move everything over to it. I think this is the best solution, we need someone at the very top that will be around for some time to come. It also may be a good time to consolidate the forums to be more compact as it doesnt have the traffic it has had in the past.

Post ideas and opinions.

well ED(someone else) could just wait until the domain expires and buy get it before it gets grabbed?

but i wouldnt mind having an other domain, if it happens before the domain expires, everyone could update the links beforehand and the mainpage/forum could just be redirected to that.

Can ED move everything over like that or would Hando have to do that? At any rate, I can't wait for GP32X to be on ED's server so we can finally get some of those flashy updates!

GP32X is on one of ED's servers. He has access to it. He doesn't have license to upgrade the server software though, only Hando can get the upgrade. EvilDragon would have to buy an entirely new license to get the updates and hopefully import the database.

Pickle said:
One idea is to create a new domain that ED would register and move everything over to it. I think this is the best solution, we need someone at the very top that will be around for some time to come.
That my opinion too.
Also it _might_ be a good idea to give that it's own thread ;)

Back