Finding Stuff In The New Forum Setup...

bunny

Still Fresh
Website
2xgb.blogspot.com
Now that the three GPH forums have been merged into one, it's suddenly become extremely difficult to find the relatively few bits of GP2X-specific info in amongst all the Caanoo stuff. For example, there's a recent GP2X-specific thread (posted before the merger) titled "New Ports?" As things stand, there is absolutely no way for a reader to tell from the subject line which console it's discussing. Same problem with "Need Help Please!" -- it's about the Wiz, but how can any new reader know that?

Another problem relates to the archives: if you're looking through old posts trying to find a solution to a problem, you're likely to find a heap of posts which don't specify which console they're referring to -- since there was no need to do so with the old structure. This change will therefore make finding answers to some questions considerably harder than it used to be, and it wasn't all that straightforward before.

I do accept the need for change, especially to accommodate Android -- but it was still disappointing to go to bed one night with the old structure in place, then come back the next day to see the new one, without (unless I missed it) a word of warning that it was happening. I did read the "Future" thread, but that went quiet in early February, without an obvious conclusion.

At the very least, can I please politely request that anyone making machine-specific posts here now includes the console name in their subject line? For example, "[GP2X] Whinge whinge whinge 2.0 released!" (This post is a general one, hence no console name!)

PS: Maybe 10 pinned threads is a little excessive these days...

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame there wasnt some way to append the original section title to each thread title. <_<

agree on 10 pinned threads.

I agree with the pinned topics, some of them could perhaps be merged or unpinned? Maybe the admin/mods just need time though and the forums will get sorted soon(ish).

Another problem relates to the archives: if you're looking through old posts trying to find a solution to a problem, you're likely to find a heap of posts which don't specify which console they're referring to -- since there was no need to do so with the old structure. This change will therefore make finding answers to some questions considerably harder than it used to be, and it wasn't all that straightforward before.
Yeah, that's a good point. Perhaps in the future when creating topics it could be something like:

[Caanoo] Native Temper Emulator Wanted.

Above is just an example of course. :D

Back