Space In The Case ?

Dont' forget the space where the the stylus goes, you might be able to fit something there... :rolleyes:

El Jefe said:
Dont' forget the space where the the stylus goes, you might be able to fit something there... :rolleyes:

I think I said that.

Last edited by a moderator:
slowpoke.gif

BackAssward said:
El Jefe said:

I think I said that.

And so did j pickens and el jefe again before you.
That was the joke.

You know, I bet you could re-use the area where the stylus goes if you cut it out just rigiht.

Hey guys, what about the stylus slot? If you don't plan on using it much you can just take the holder piece out and stick your gadget in there

I was thinking , what else am i going to use that usb slot for other than a 3g dongle , occasionally maybe for robotics projetcs so , i thought. Could i add a relay or something to flip the usb signals between the dongle and the connector on the outside , this way by the flip of a switch i could disable my dongle and enable the external usb port.

trooper said:
Did anyone mention the stylus and stylus holder ?.

If you rip them out, You could have quite a bit of space, Enough for a thin pencil say.

Trooper

or a stylus prehaps?

topic derailment all the passengers have turned into stylus jokes!

hope there is a scope for additions although i hope the thought of lighting the keyboard up isnt too far away.

The great thing about the stylus holder is that it makes a perfect partner to a stylus - Genius :D

As for turning the Pandora into a Brickphone, make sure you have some fwiends to actually call before you make the mod - Would be a nightmare if you did all that work, cannibalising it to later find out that everyone hates you and never calls you :p

I'm sure thats not the case though ;)

hey, how about modding the stylus? :lol:

it could hold an antenna, a 3g modem and if you curl it up maybe even a sim card? at the tip you could insert a special usb port that connects on insertion?

x68000 said:
As for turning the Pandora into a Brickphone, make sure you have some fwiends to actually call before you make the mod
You could call the talking clock.

That is a good idea.

I was also thinking about the possibility of mounting stuff to the lid somehow.

Hmm... Already I'm starting to think I'm going to need a second pandora for tinkering purposes.

craigix said:
You could get a 90 degree USB adapter and just tuck it along the back of the unit.

Or maybe he could remove the stylus and the stylus holder.

hch said:
hey, how about modding the stylus? :lol:

it could hold an antenna, a 3g modem and if you curl it up maybe even a sim card? at the tip you could insert a special usb port that connects on insertion?
Because the Pandora seems to be only a single piece of plastic without any special tip, it could be a good Idea to drill a small hole into the existing tip and insert various small, special (softer) stylus tips for better using comfort. :)

muchalucha said:
what would be reaally cool is if i could by a pnadora wihtout the case and build my own
They had told in the past that they would sell spare parts, even the board alone. Anyways you could always buy one and dissassemble it completely, it seems easy to do (and I don't think the case would make a big difference in the price).

I'm interested in building some kind of homemade docking station for one of these myself. I got a 7" screen integrated w/wacom tablet that takes composite, could add a webcam, battery pack, etc... I like that all the important ports are on the back, makes it easier.

Also:

BackAssward said:
Speaking of the Stylus... it is taking up some valuable real estate. I imagine a modder could make use of the area there, like say with a long narrow PCB?

Here.

Back