I'm still alive, in case anyone cares ;)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Hi!

It's been ages since I found the time to visit here - so I just wanted to tell everyone here that I'm still alive and working through a heap pile of stuff.
I'll try to change that and hopefully will find more time to reply to any questions here.

Pyra's are still slowly shipping, my wife has prepared the next batch of cases - but it's still pretty slow. Sorry about that.

Hopefully, this month I can finally rent the new room which will be used for Pyra production. This should make things a lot faster already as it's really hard assembling units when you need to move around boxes all the time and look for parts simply because you don't have storage space...

In other news, I've received the first shot of my Covid-19 vaccination two weeks ago (AstraZeneca) - and while I'm happy we're moving forward here, it knocked me out for a few days (I did expect that, but yay, it was worse than I expected).
I'm very rarely ill, so that was something new for me :)
And shortly after (probably because my immune system was still busy with the vaccination), I catched a cold which slowed me down another week.

Still, I'm happy things are moving forward and I can't wait that our lives will go back to mostly normal again.

I didn't post this in Pyra News as there aren't any real news in there, just wanted to let you know I'm doing fine :)

We've also been getting tidbits of news from Pyra users in other threads. I'm pretty curious about the thermal issues and cracked cases, and whether or not there is anything known that's going to detrimentally affect production (aside from obvious logistics, office space, staffing, etc).

I actually checked today to see when your last post was, and it was a while ago. So I wondered if you were having a holiday :p
Always good to hear you are doing fine.

How's the Covid thing for you @EvilDragon ?

Most of the people I know are either stuck at home for a year now, or have been working during the pandemic.
Some of them got the vaccine and most didn't have that much problems, but I don't know which brand they received.

And while the Pandora and Pyra had some bad luck in the past (Vulcano erupting for example), looks like the Pyra is now doing okay while the rest of the world is running into issues due to failure of parts supply.

Grateful you are well. I had the Pfizer version here in the states, both shots done. The first one my arm hurt for a day or two but no other symptoms. The second shot left me tired, but that was it. But I would sleep for 6 hours, wake up and feel like I never slept. Crazy. Otherwise no issues.

Looking to the future!

Who is this Evildragon?? I will report this post as spam! :D

Glad you are fine and things are moving, my mother had similar issues with Astra too, but all fine now.
Keep it up!

Maybe the baovarian Oktober Party might be not the best pupliciy for Bavarian, Pandora and Pyra are much better ..

The first Oktober Fest when it was just the birthday of a bavarian queen was good, but in modern times, its only comerz, too much from everything...

I never was on this Oktoberfest, but you see what they to there in the news..

My last "Weizenbier" was so long ago, i dont even know anymore if i liked White or Black Weizenbier..

Hey @EvilDragon I just saw that Oktoberfest was cancelled at the beginning of May. Is the virus really that bad there?
I live in Munich and can only say: It's not so bad.
It always depends, what you mean with "bad". Bad is, that you need for everything a negative corona test, which can be done easily here in Munich. A lot is closed (swimming pools, tattoo studios, bookstores (I think)), so it's boring here. I just moved to another part of Munich, so I am busy (but I don't like it, that I can't go to the DIY superstore and buy something easily).

I'm just wondering, why they canceled it. They can only let people in, which has a negative corona test or a vaccination, which they can easily control on the different entraces.
And in Germany, they want to vacine everyone until summer, so the Oktoberfest can take place (and I thought also, it will).

Back