GP32 Sound

rcx21000

Website
Visit site
Ok, I have 2 questions.

1) Is there a way to play a sound w/o any change with diffrent MhZ (voice sounds all icky @133MhZ with the PCM play thingy)

2) Whats the best MOD lib, and how do I set it up, and am I allowed to use it in an ADIC entry?

1) Quote from the GP32 api manual:

Notice: PCM sample rate is closely connected to the processor clock speed, so you must refer to the reference table below.
So i'm afraid the answer is no. If you change the clockspeed you must resample your samples for best sound quality.

2) CHN mod library is easiest to implement but only supports MOD files.
LibMikMod supports more formats but is a little harder to implement.
Don't know about ADDIC entries. As they are libraries I think you can use them. However I think the MOD files you use must be orginal MOD files (not ripped from someone else).

VirtuaLeech posted on Sep 15 2003 at 08:19 AM said:
I'm working on a new version of the library. It's a complete rewrite, supports MODs, S3Ms and XMs (more formats will follow), 16bit samples of any size, free panning, multisamples, a panning and volume envelope and its sound fx system is much easier to use. It's also smaller and is still very portable (right now it works on the GP32, Dreamcast, Windows and Linux).

/chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, am I allowed to use your modplay thingy for ADIC?? Can you just give me permission so I can make sure?

rcx21000 posted on Sep 15 2003 at 12:22 PM said:
Well, am I allowed to use your modplay thingy for ADIC?? Can you just give me permission so I can make sure?
As long as you give credits in the program and/or its documentation and it isn't commercial, it's ok. In fact, the lib has already been used in some competition entries.

/chris

Great news chris.

The current library is already great but more formats would make it even better. On the risk of sounding impatient, any idea when the new GP32 version will be out?

Thanks

VirtuaLeech posted on Sep 15 2003 at 08:19 AM said:
1) Quote from the GP32 api manual:

Notice: PCM sample rate is closely connected to the processor clock speed, so you must refer to the reference table below.
So i'm afraid the answer is no. If you change the clockspeed you must resample your samples for best sound quality.

LibMikMod supports more formats but is a little harder to implement.
Don't know about ADDIC entries. As they are libraries I think you can use them. However I think the MOD files you use must be orginal MOD files (not ripped from someone else).
Hey,

yeah - the libmikmod is really cool, i use this in my jnb port but i have a problem
to understand the libmikmod sample interface functions :)

cu.. TRaNS - :blink:

VirtuaLeech posted on Sep 15 2003 at 01:46 PM said:
Great news chris.

The current library is already great but more formats would make it even better. On the risk of sounding impatient, any idea when the new GP32 version will be out?

Thanks
I don't know yet. I have yet to test some more XMs, finish up the sound fx/sample management system and clean up the code. A probable release date would be in October, maybe sooner, maybe later. I want it to be good, so it takes time :)

/chris

If there isn't a way to make it sound the same at higher clockspeeds, is there a way to find out how many ticks a PCM plays for?

Back