Sound Volume

rcx21000

Website
Visit site
I'm having volume problems with my audio :(

The video it too quiet even if I set 985% volume in VDub, and higest on GP32, so I'm doing this:

1. Encode video (forget sound)
2. Open .avi from step 1, direct stream copy video, and then Full Processing Mode the .wav file, select "No Compression (PCM)", 985% volume, and do the convertions (48KhZ > 41KhZ & Stereo -> Mono).
3. Open .avi from step 2, direct stream copy video, Full Processing Mode the Source Audio file, select "Mpeg Layer-3, 40KB/s 41KhZ Mono", 985% volume, and keep the convertions like they were.

That should give me ~81x volume with sound compressed only once, right? Instead it gives me 81x volume w/ horribly crackly sound (If I just do step 1&2 using Mpeg Layer-3 audio compression in step 2, it's good quality, but too quiet).

Soo?

Thx

I know what you mean; GPCinema is inordinately quiet at times, but I suppose that's just the way it is. The crackleyness is (probably) because when the volume is scaled up, the resultant file, though its fine in PCM/uncompressed, ends up having too many values for the bitrate of the MP3 you'll probably use (speculation, but it makes sense in my mental picture of the world). Hence the need to normalise.
There's a brilliant sound recorder I found a while back that has a good feature for that in - its called Wavepad, and its found here. Just open the file, hit the normalise button, and then try putting it back onto the movie. It might work, it might not. But its worth a shot...

I use dvd2avi to normalise the volume before I put it into virtualdub, was loud enough and no crackle (32kbps)

Back