SONY PlayStation 4 (PS4)

I can't believe how noisy the "old" PS4 is. How on earth SONY thought that noise was acceptable is beyond me. Should have made the machine a little bigger and used a larger heatsink and a quieter fan.

I can't believe how noisy the "old" PS4 is. How on earth SONY thought that noise was acceptable is beyond me. Should have made the machine a little bigger and used a larger heatsink and a quieter fan.
Hmm I can't even hear my PS4 when it's on... maybe I'm losing my hearing.

I don't use my PS3 much, but I turned it on a few weeks ago to do something, and it was LOUD! I have the slim model that still front loads, and I don't remember it ever being this load before. Maybe the lubrication dried up in the drive from lack of use. LOL

My PHAT PS3 could be rather load as well, but I thought the PS4 has fixed all those old "loud" issues(I guess not).

Chris

but I thought the PS4 has fixed all those old "loud" issues(I guess not).
I don't hear mine... although maybe the fan sound people talk about is the blue-ray drive... I've never actually used it as I just download all my games.

The Blu Ray drive should only be used to see if an installed game is genuine at the start of a session - ALL PS4 games get installed to the HD. I don't notice the fan at al when playing, it's when you turn off the PS4 it's evident.

Obviously it IS an issue, otherwise it qouldn't even be mentioned in regards to the new PS4.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Blu Ray drive should only be used to see if an installed game is genuine at the start of a session - ALL PS4 games get installed to the HD. I don't notice the fan at al when playing, it's when you turn off the PS4 it's evident.

Obviously it IS an issue, otherwise it qouldn't even be mentioned in regards to the new PS4.
Maybe because the ambient noise in my room is louder than the PS4... I have several computers running, DLP projector and such.

I'm a few weeks late noticing it, but SCEE are running another competition with huge swag on offer (and lower tier prizes).

FULLY LOADED TURBO
https://competition.eu.playstation.com/fullyloadedturbo/

6 PS4 Special editions (inc 20th anniversary edition and new 1tb model)
43-inch and a 55-inch Sony’s Android W75C TV
Xperia Z3 Compact smartphone
Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact
SmartWatch 3 Metal
48 games
12-month PlayStation Plus membership
a huge range of peripherals and accessories
Promo video

COD themed PS4 incoming.Some people think it looks ugly, but I like it a lot...I know DrHAX would like the colour scheme too  :)

G8NK4JV.jpg

I'm getting a Deus Ex Human revolution vibe from it more then anything.  :D

I don't follow console gaming but I do like the limit editions that come out. That may be something to consider picking up.
499$ and a 1tb harddrive doesn't sound that bad.. then again games cost quite a bit... Hmmm... still would rather have  a pyra. :p

I'm a few weeks late noticing it, but SCEE are running another competition with huge swag on offer (and lower tier prizes).

FULLY LOADED TURBO
https://competition.eu.playstation.com/fullyloadedturbo/

6 PS4 Special editions (inc 20th anniversary edition and new 1tb model)
43-inch and a 55-inch Sony’s Android W75C TV
Xperia Z3 Compact smartphone
Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact
SmartWatch 3 Metal
48 games
12-month PlayStation Plus membership
a huge range of peripherals and accessories
Promo video

" The “PlayStation Fully Loaded Turbo” competition (“Competition”) is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of Australia, Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom"

Go sign up if you are in one of those countries.  I am not. :(

Edit:  I didn't check the date on the post.  Everyone interested probable already entered.  Oh well.

I don't play CoD but that PS4 looks nice/interesting.

Back