SONY PlayStation 4 (PS4)

The Verge's Joshua Topolsky demonstrates Project Morpheus on NBC's 'The Tonight Show' with Jimmy Fallon (here comes E3!) -

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/#segments/7086

I don't think there's any geo-blocking going on, I'm not in the US and could watch it. If you want to find the episode by 'other means', it's June 6th's.

They show the latest model of Lytro camera beforehand, I wonder if one of those could take a fisheye lens and give stereo images...!

Last edited by a moderator:
I manage to get the PS4 on the release date in Europe. The lack of games is really annoying at this point, but all the great games are coming this fall.

For me, the best multilayer game so far is BF4 :)

Ive been feeling that alot of games released lately have been awfully stale. Too many publishers playing it safe with the same generic shit! Endless sequels and even if there is some innovation, it is always carefully wrapped in dark brooding machismo.

Indie games on the vita promise much but rarely deliver...; they are too far to the other side. a game can be original and fresh without being obscure and intentionally art farty imo.

Fable 2, Flower, gunlord and Sturmwind that's what I really enjoyed in recent times.

Fable 2 is fantastic and a near perfect game; Flower is a beautiful, heartfelt, tranquilising trip.

I seem to have been bitten by the shmup bug after all these years, neo xyx, sturmwind, gunlord etc.

I don't play nearly as much as I used to and when I do I want something accessible and quick; hence the shmup addiction.

Yeah, there are no games! WTF! 

Also, Destiny Sucks. It is so overrated and over hyped.

To celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Playstation brand, Sony have unveiled a (very) limited edition original PS1 themed PS4. Console and controller match the shade of the original, and it sports multiple original Playstation logos, and a '20th anniversary' badge.

It will be sold in the US at their upcoming Playstation experience event, elsewhere in the world allocations are being organised in a variety of lotteries and priority based lists (such as length of time as PS+ subscriber, number of consoles owned, etc).

12,300 units made in total. Expect sell-out within seconds, then spray-painted fakes on eBay.

Mayybe - just maybe - they're not being entirely honest here, and the only thing limited about it is the '20th anniversary' badge, then like the white edition a grey one will continue to be sold (minus 20th badge) later. Lots of people would snap one up - at least the controller anyway!

20th_anniv_ps4_1.jpeg20th_anniv_ps4_2.jpeg

https://www.youtube.com/embed/gDLJ6S-Br0E?feature=oembed

It looks nice to me.  I don't have a PS4 now as I've been putting it off.  I may pre-order one of these if I'm lucky enough.  Also, would be cool if this 20th Anniversary edition plays ps1, ps2, ps3, psvita and ps4 games natively  :wub:   I would preorder 2 at least.  This would be the ultimate playstation console and it would make a whole lot of sense for this limited anniversary edition...

Back