Someone To Port Gelide ?

Website
Visit site
Hi guys,
I just discover this project, will be perfect for Pandora and not very hard to port I think.
But I'm not a developer, so... Community are you there ?

Here is the project site:
http://gelide.sourceforge.net/index.php?sect=home&lang=en

JeanLouSchmidt said:
Hi guys,
I just discover this project, will be perfect for Pandora and not very hard to port I think.
But I'm not a developer, so... Community are you there ?

Here is the project site:
http://gelide.sourceforge.net/index.php?sect=home&lang=en

You're not really selling it are you? I mean, why not explain what's so great about it? Sees like a emulatorlauncher to me. Don't see what's so great about it - I would like to see advancemenu personally but I doubt that will happen as it relies on a specific version of mame. Then again, you can use any emulator with it so it will work. I might do it if my Pandora ever gets delivered...

Last edited by a moderator:
I never cared so much for these but I know some ppl love them. If it is set up extremely well then I might use one. Having a list of games instead of a list of emulators would be nice but I have never seen one work seamlessly.

All this really is is a program to list your games and then when you select that game it would open the appropriate emulator(or game if it is a game in itself). Simple but I've never used one that works flawlessly like I said.

Looks like it would be hard to use with the Pandora.

I'd much rather see a customized launcher with big, touch-screen-friendly controls.

Gelide is fantastic. Just the search is not working well at the moment. He is working on 0.2.x where that will be fixed.

second exodous said:
All this really is is a program to list your games and then when you select that game it would open the appropriate emulator(or game if it is a game in itself). Simple but I've never used one that works flawlessly like I said.
You could do the same thing just by making file associations to launch roms in the correct emulator anyway.
(I suppose you might have to rename some, if they're just .bin or something)

What exactly isn't seamless about the ones you've seen so far?

Aninhumer said:
second exodous said:
You could do the same thing just by making file associations to launch roms in the correct emulator anyway.
(I suppose you might have to rename some, if they're just .bin or something)

What exactly isn't seamless about the ones you've seen so far?
This one is more than just file associations, it has a screen-shot preview and description of games.

Well, I guess seamless isn't the word but they have been buggy in the past. I haven't tried any for a year or so now so maybe there are some that have gotten it right.

Porting this won't help, it would be better to build something from the ground up for the Pandora I would think.

Back