Some Questions About Various Gp2x Apps And Games...

BruceTaylor

Still Fresh
Getting a GP2X in a few weeks (excited :D) and I already know what sort of apps I want to use, and have a few questions:

1: Do either Frodo2X or Vice2X let you access the Commodore BASIC screen from the C64?

2: Which SNES emulator plays Secret of Mana the best?

3: Does the GP2X play un-DRMed MP4 audio and video files?

4: Are there any original SCUMM-esq point and click games available for the GP2X?

EDIT: One more thing, Will a micro-SD inside of an adaptor work OK in a GP2X?

BruceTaylor said:
1: Do either Frodo2X or Vice2X let you access the Commodore BASIC screen from the C64?

2: Which SNES emulator plays Secret of Mana the best?

4: Are there any original SCUMM-esq point and click games available for the GP2X?

EDIT: One more thing, Will a micro-SD inside of an adaptor work OK in a GP2X?
1. Yep, starts just like a regular C64. Frodo has a virtual keyboard, I imagine that VICE does too. I don't use VICE, Frodo has always had a better reputation for general use.

2. Don't know, but PocketSNES is probably the best SNES emu.

3. Eeeeewww... :) I don't think so. But Qtopia movieplayer "is the only app I know that is able to play mp4 files. Slow framerate and without sound, but they play..."

4. Yes.

EDIT: It should have no problem, but someone else may want to chime in.

Last edited by a moderator:

EDIT: One more thing, Will a micro-SD inside of an adaptor work OK in a GP2X? [/quote]

1. Yep, starts just like a regular C64. Frodo has a virtual keyboard, I imagine that VICE does too. I don't use VICE, Frodo has always had a better reputation for general use.

2. Don't know, but PocketSNES is probably the best SNES emu.

3. Eeeeewww... :) I don't think so. But Qtopia movieplayer "is the only app I know that is able to play mp4 files. Slow framerate and without sound, but they play..."

4. Yes.

EDIT: It should have no problem, but someone else may want to chime in.
[/quote]

I thought the GP2x will play mpeg 4 right out of the box with the built in application? Is MP4 audio/video different from mpeg 4?

Chris

christo930 said:
I thought the GP2x will play mpeg 4 right out of the box with the built in application? Is MP4 audio/video different from mpeg 4?

Chris
The GP2x can only play MPEG4 part2 files with the standard movie player (DivX XviD), MP4 files are not supported (MPEG4 part14).

MPEG4 denotes a range of video and audio formats, MP4 denotes a single format type contained within that range.

Hope that made some sense. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back