Some new Pandora stuff available

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, not really new stuff, but please continue to read.

As the last Pandora PCBs have been produced at Global Components, we're working on the last available Pandoras as well as checking what remaining parts we still have.

Therefore, some things have changed in my shop, and here is what you can now get:

1. Only MegaPacks available anymore

All remaining Pandoras will be sold in MegaPacks (you know, the packs where everything you can imagine is included... TV Out Cable, Case, SD-Card, etc.).
They have been proven to sell a lot better than the single Pandoras, so in order to make things easier in our shop, we decided these are the only ones.

2. You can now also buy fully working PCBs (Rebirth and GHz)

We got more PCBs left than we can build units - so you can buy these yourself.

Be it for a replacement, an upgrade where you want to keep your old PCB or to hack around with it, this might be interesting to some of you :)

3. Pandora TV Edition added

Nothing special, but still useful for some of you: The Pandora TV Edition.

Basically, it's a Pandora without LCD.

The OS can be set to enable TV Out on booting, so you can use a TV Out Cable to connect it to your TV set.

Of course, the unit is fully working, so you can use Bluetooth or USB to connect mouse, keyboard, etc.

pandora-ghz-tv-edition-plat.jpg

As it's cased, you can also use the built-in keyboard, DPad and nubs.

The TV Out Cable is included in the package, so if you always wanted to get a cheap Pandora to stay at home and be connected to your TV: Here you go.

4. Replacement Parts

You can now get cheap LCD with small issues (broken touch or broken Pixels) as a replacement as well.

A lot cheaper than a new one, so if you can live with these issues, it's a good deal.

We also sell replacement touchscreens in case yours is broken (only replace it if you know what you're doing though!) and the case parts have been re-arranged into two sets to ease things for us in the shop as well.

As usual, feedback is welcome :)

Grab the stuff at the DragonBox Shop.

Wow!  Lots of interesting deals.

Order placed!  Please package it carefully and ship ASAP :)

Last edited by a moderator:
We got more PCBs left than we can build units - so you can buy these yourself.
I'm wondering why this is the case - no LCD-cables left ?
You can now get cheap LCD with small issues (broken touch or broken Pixels) as a replacement as well.

A lot cheaper than a new one, so if you can live with these issues, it's a good deal.
The description in the shop is rather vague, is there a possibility to decide which drawback I wan't to have ? I could live with a dead pixel (as long as it is not centered) but would like to have the option to fall back to using the touchscreen, if needed.

The description in the shop is rather vague, is there a possibility to decide which drawback I wan't to have ? I could live with a dead pixel (as long as it is not centered) but would like to have the option to fall back to using the touchscreen, if needed.
Eh? What's vague there?

The ones with the broken touchscreen and the ones with broken pixels are even two different items...?

Eh? What's vague there?

The ones with the broken touchscreen and the ones with broken pixels are even two different items...?
Oh, sorry then, I'm only able to find one shop item: "Broken Touchscreen LCD", so I guessed that this covers both cases (dead touch and dead pixel).

Hey cool Idea,i have the "TV Personal Edition" here @ Home.

Made my last Youtube Videos with it ^_^

Btw: it work with the Retrode from EDs Shop very good too ;)

post-4191-13968943689093.jpg

:eek:

I'm down to my last spare cable. I have no reason to think it'll die but I'm worried about what'll happen if it does.

:eek:

I'm down to my last spare cable. I have no reason to think it'll die but I'm worried about what'll happen if it does.
Maybe the company will continue to produce at an increased cost. Increasing price wouldn't be great for a new unit, but I'm sure many would spend extra for replacements.

3. Pandora TV Edition added

Nothing special, but still useful for some of you: The Pandora TV Edition.

Basically, it's a Pandora without LCD.

The OS can be set to enable TV Out on booting, so you can use a TV Out Cable to connect it to your TV set.

Of course, the unit is fully working, so you can use Bluetooth or USB to connect mouse, keyboard, etc.
That's pretty clever. Making an advantage out of an partly broken product, effective, I like it. :lol:   But is it set to "TV out always on" right from the beginning? Will be hard to enable it if the default is still set to LCD out. ;)

The Ouya killer ? :)
I thought the OUYA is already pretty dead. ^^"

Would it be possible to have an "upgrade" PCB only - ie, if I remove my CC PCB, could I p/x it for a Ghz PCB?

Also, are the new black cases the same design as the platinum ones, or are they the old design?

Would it be possible to have an "upgrade" PCB only - ie, if I remove my CC PCB, could I p/x it for a Ghz PCB?
Not sure what you mean with p/x, but you can buy a GHz PCB and put it into your old CC Pandora. 

Also, are the new black cases the same design as the platinum ones, or are they the old design?
 Old design.

That's pretty clever. Making an advantage out of an partly broken product, effective, I like it. :lol:   But is it set to "TV out always on" right from the beginning? Will be hard to enable it if the default is still set to LCD out. ;)
Yes, already added since V1.60 (AFAIR), the first boot wizard asks whether you want to keep TV Out Enabled or not as default on boot.

The new flasher also enabled TV Out, so you can easily flash :)

Not sure what you mean with p/x, but you can buy a GHz PCB and put it into your old CC Pandora.
I was wondering if you would take my CC PCB as part payment (part exchange - p/x) for the Ghz PCB - a bit like the entire unit upgrade that used to be on offer?

I was wondering if you would take my CC PCB as part payment (part exchange - p/x) for the Ghz PCB - a bit like the entire unit upgrade that used to be on offer?
I'm curious about this too. 

Also, any idea when LCD cables will be in stock? I have been plagued by the tinted screen for a while now and haven't bothered to fix it. :p

I was wondering about that too.Shipping might be a problem: you could put the PCB in an antistatic padded bag, but you risk the microphone breaking off I think, I would hope the other parts aren't endangered like that. Also when I remember how some packages I got were treated by their looks, then the entire board might snap if you are unlucky.

Well, the upgrade was always possible before until yesterday - we used the old PCB to build a new Pandora and sold it for a cheaper price.

However, without LCD cables, we can't really resell your old PCB, so the upgrade option has been removed yesterday as well.

It could very well be possible that we'll get some new LCD cables in the future as well - as the same company will probably do the Pyra LCD Cables as well.

The problem is the special material - it can only be ordered in huge quantities, that's why I can't produce 200 new Pandora LCD cables.

If the Pyra LCD Cables are being produced with the same material, that wouldn't be an issue.

Maybe we'll redesign the Pandora LCD Cable a bit as well, to make it more sturdy (similar changes to what we did to Pyras LCD Cable).

Back