Some Gmenu2x Backgrounds For Anyone Who Wants 'em.

Update:

I fixed it, it looked messed up around the time and the skull was too wide:

bgpw0.png

How about some original fractal wallpapers?

snowflake7ua4.png

I'll make some more tommorow when i'm not so insanely tired. :)

Vynx posted on Sep 8 2006 at 09:57 PM said:
How about some original fractal wallpapers?

snowflake7ua4.png

I'll make some more tommorow when i'm not so insanely tired. :)

And mine isn't original? If you didn't have such an adorable avatar, I'd type harshly to you, you prickless prick! :angry:

(J/K ... Thanks for the BG, it's very cool :) .. <3 fractals )

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't trying to downplay anyone elses wallpapers, I was just saying my fractals are original :)

But for the confusion, i'll give you one more for tonight;

9dm3.png

:)

NICE!!

(I know, I was just teasing ... I'm not always a hateful asshole ;))

subcon959 posted on Sep 8 2006 at 10:12 PM said:
They're very nice but I'm not a big fan of tagged wallpapers.

Seems like that 'task bar' on mine would cover that tag right up ;)

subcon959 posted on Sep 9 2006 at 03:12 AM said:
They're very nice but I'm not a big fan of tagged wallpapers.

Fair Critisism - i'll be posting some more tommorow, i'll refrain from tagging them :)

My background, using Liquido skin background (best skin ever!!) and a Gnome toolbar (best desktop ever ;) )
the menu looks brighter on the GP' screen

reiboul posted on Sep 10 2006 at 05:22 PM said:

My background, using Liquido skin background (best skin ever!!) and a Gnome toolbar (best desktop ever ;) )
the menu looks brighter on the GP' screen

That looks AWESOME!! Great job :)

Since I started using GMenu myself, I made a little something that better suits my visual needs ;)

bg.png

Settings:

Top Bar Color: R:236 G:172 B:85 A:80
Bottom Bar Color: R:236 G:172 B:85 A:80
Selection Color: R:236 G:172 B:85 A:100

- Alex

Here is my attempt:

Set the bottom bar to alpha 0
Set the top bar to alpha 0-10
set the selector to around 70

Yes I nicked the Liquido skin background ;) then added to it.

bg.png

DaveC posted on Sep 13 2006 at 06:47 AM said:
Here is my attempt:

Set the bottom bar to alpha 0
Set the top bar to alpha 0-10
set the selector to around 70

Yes I nicked the Liquido skin background ;) then added to it.

bg.png
Very nice DaveC.. I think I'll be using this for a while.

@DaveC: Your background is really nice but I think it doesn't look as nice when you are in the filebrowser or in the options page, 'cause the bar at the top is way bigger than the one in those screens.

Do you think I should always use the same height? We'll lose some space in those screen but I think I could use it to display something useful...

Ryo posted on Sep 14 2006 at 10:53 AM said:
@DaveC: Your background is really nice but I think it doesn't look as nice when you are in the filebrowser or in the options page, 'cause the bar at the top is way bigger than the one in those screens.

Do you think I should always use the same height? We'll lose some space in those screen but I think I could use it to display something useful...

Oh yeah, I didn't think about the browser or options page ;) I don't use those alot (only when adding stuff) so I forgot about that.

Oh well so the background looks a bit crap when in those screens, I can cope. I wouldn't limit functionality because of my background though.

Here's one I just started using.

It's an image from BT's new CD with heavily modified colors to make icons much more readable.

Ryo posted on Sep 14 2006 at 11:53 AM said:

I think for aesthetic purposes it would be nice to maintain the same height.. and as you say you could always use the space to display something.

naples39 posted on Sep 14 2006 at 12:11 PM said:
Here's one I just started using.

It's an image from BT's new CD with heavily modified colors to make icons much more readable.

Bit Torrent?
British Telecom?

Ryo posted on Sep 14 2006 at 10:53 AM said:

You could always just display a colored screen without the background when in the filebrowser. When you leave the browser the background would come back.

Back