Some Changes In Gp32Spain Wiz Contest

Lack of feedback can be frustrating, I know. :) I don't have any direct involvement at this point (I just did some judging) so I can't help to speed it up. One month isn't all that long though. If instant feedback is what you seek, perhaps coding comps aren't the best way to get it. ;) Hang in there.

I think many people don't want to comment the entries yet because not to affect the contest results. We can say that the only complaint of this contest is that they don't have elect the judges. We have to be pacient. But you can start a thread to know the oppinion of the users, and I think that you can receive a lot of comments. Your game is very funny and have a lot of work. Most of the entries are very good.

In my oppinion the PACC contest is a sucess. We have many good quality entries and they have a big prize to divide.
Take your own decission about the Wiz, but the open source scene is like a wave. Sometimes you are a bit ignored in some forums (see "console war") and two days after you will receive a lot of comments. You must to try to comunicate with your users, to let know what they think about your work.
My advice is you can sell two Wizes and keep one to continue programming.

The Wiz and other open source consoles are the best for this, because is very easy to program in many languages and you can share (or sell) your applications without problems from the manufacturer, like other commercial consoles.

GPH have donated some Wiz to the contest, now the 4th prize includes a GP2X Wiz Console:

4th ---> GP2X WIZ + LIAR Games Pack + Full GP2X Wiz Accesories Pack.

5th ---> LIAR Games Pack + Full GP2X Wiz Accesories Pack.

wow it's getting some really good prices now! need to get my hands dirty soon :)

Just right now the prizes will be like this:

*Games Contest:

1st) 530 €€
2nd) 318 €€
3rd) 212 €€
4th) GP2X WIZ + LIAR Games Pack + Full GP2X Wiz Accesories Pack.
5th) LIAR Games Pack + Full GP2X Wiz Accesories Pack.

*Emulator Contest:

1st) 530 €€
2nd) 318 €€
3rd) 212 €€
4th) GP2X WIZ + LIAR Games Pack + Full GP2X Wiz Accesories Pack.
5th) LIAR Games Pack + Full GP2X Wiz Accesories Pack.

Wow, that is a lot of money. Pity we won't see the results until after summer. (August was the date I think?) Anyway best of luck to all who participate, I hope we get a bunch of cool stuff from this. For me at least the PACC was very interesting, I still haven't tried all wiz entries but will do so in time. So hang in there xteraco :)

Rivroner said:
And still growing:

2160€ (~2750,33$)

And still 2 months for donations:

2175€ (~2769,43$)

Last edited by a moderator:
Total amount for the contest:

2380€ (~2944,49$)

The donations period is still open a couple of weeks more, you can make it growing.

And what about this competiton? http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47684

Last edited by a moderator:
Back