Some Changes In Gp32Spain Wiz Contest

Nintiendo1Spain

Still Fresh
We have changed some rules in the GP32Spain Wiz Contest. This changes are:

1.- Changes in the first category of the contest (game).
We'll accept games of all kind, without limitations to genre or theme.

2.- Changes in the dates.
Deadline to send the games/emulators: July 31
Announcement of the winners: August, between 15 and 31

3.- Changes in the prizes.

It will have new prizes, such a diplomas and related prizes of Wiz (games...)

from the total pot for prizes there will be an amount deducted that could range between 50€ and 100€. This amount should absorb the cost for printing and mailing diplomas to all participants by mail. GP32Spain reserves the right to negate a diploma to the participants whose entries don't have a minimum quality.

The prizes will be:

First prize: 25% of the cumulative total of the donated money + special diploma.
Second prize: 15% of the cumulative total of the donated money + special diploma.
Third prize: 10% of the cumulative total of the donated money + special diploma.
Fourth prize: a pack consisting of games and accesories for GP2X Wiz + participant diploma.
Fifth prize: a pack consisting of games and accesories for GP2X Wiz + participant diploma.
Other entries: participant diploma.

More info in: http://www.gp32spain.com/index.php?mpagina=donations

well yes, i plan to do so - but i need to get a nice idea first ;)

Imerion said:
Does anyone plan to take part in this contest?

I'm joining! This will be really fun, especially now that all game types are accepted.
Nice!
Your games always are good games!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really surprised, it seems this contest has no effect in gp32x community :( I think the prizes are very good.

I expect that there is a lot more interest than there appears. People are probably playing their cards close to their chest... I was, but I've let the cat out of the bag now :p

Gammenon said:
Does anyone plan to take part in this contest?

The Pandora Angst compo was the first coding compo I've taken place in. Considering how bad that's gone, definitely not.

The Pandora Angst compo was the first coding compo I've taken place in. Considering how bad that's gone, definitely not.

Judging is a little slow (nearly as long so far to judge as it was to create the actual games), but I wouldn't say it's "gone bad" - or has something happened?

iprice said:

Judging is a little slow (nearly as long so far to judge as it was to create the actual games), but I wouldn't say it's "gone bad" - or has something happened?
Nothing bad has happened as far as I'm aware. :) It just started as a bit of fun and got way more time consuming (and taken way more seriously) than anyone expected, I think. Iorgy77 is a long standing community member and EvilDragon is holding the prize pool, so there's nothing for anyone to worry about. Something something two months. :p

craigix said:
Don't panic, I plan to start GBAX2010 in may.

Are you cheating on the Pandora with the Wiz? :(

I thought it would be good for me to get involved in a compo. 1. It gives me a reason to keep coding. 2. I thought I might get some useful criticism or at least some feedback. 3. I thought it would "set the bar". By that I mean I can see how I compare to other coders, and where I can improve. Now I've waited and waited and waited and its been so long I don't even really remember what my game even looked like (not really but you get the idea) I don't know how useful the criticism would be.

It sounds weird but I guess I'm just desperate for some kind of interaction. Typically having to do with code. One month turnaround time for this kind of interaction is just very disappointing.

Back