Software Plans For The Pandora

christo930 said:
Peter R said:
PokeParadox said:
Torrenting wouldn't be half bad! :) specially if done correctly; You can check the items you want to download in (good) bittorrent clients. :)
Of course. Thats an excellent idea. I will try and get something like that going soon. I would do it right now with the rip I already have of the archive but that PC got burned down on Christmas eve :S .

Bit torrent locks up my router. Do different clients work differently, or is it the nature of bit torrent to do that?
IOW, is there any client less likely than the official one, to lock up the router?

Chris

That's the nature of your router. Muck around in the configs and try to find a setting for "maximum ports" or something like that, and change it to the maximum allowable.

Last edited by a moderator:
christo930 said:
Will gp32x.de keep the gp32 and gp2x archives or will they disappear to make room and bandwidth for the Pandora?
gp32x.de never had the archives, those are mine ;)
We are just working together.
Don't worry, I won't close any archive down.

Last edited:
atomicthumbs said:
christo930 said:
Peter R said:
PokeParadox said:
Torrenting wouldn't be half bad! :) specially if done correctly; You can check the items you want to download in (good) bittorrent clients. :)
Of course. Thats an excellent idea. I will try and get something like that going soon. I would do it right now with the rip I already have of the archive but that PC got burned down on Christmas eve :S .

Bit torrent locks up my router. Do different clients work differently, or is it the nature of bit torrent to do that?
IOW, is there any client less likely than the official one, to lock up the router?

Chris

That's the nature of your router. Muck around in the configs and try to find a setting for "maximum ports" or something like that, and change it to the maximum allowable.

You can't change that - it's a hardware limitation. The "processing power" of the router determines the maximum number of connections, and on crappy routers, the power is so low that using BitTorrent will put you over the max connections the router allows. Some clients, like Azureus, allow you to set the max number of connections - try setting it to be extremely low. (100?)

christo930 said:

Chris
ISP's are known to slow or not allow bittorrent/p2p downloads, was your router supplied to you by your isp?

Sounds like the "number of connections" problem to me too.
There should be a setting in your Bittorrent client to change the maximum number of connections... try lowering that and see if the router goes for longer without crashing...

Back