So, what you backing? [crowdfunders]

That's kool!

Both the Home Computers and the Battle Cards games

Mable & The Wood http://kck.st/1pWvHvD

photo-original.png

Can vote for it on Steam here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=650036825

Last edited:
A magazine about (supposedly) every 8Bit computer from the early 80s onwards -
And Yooka-Laylee (Banjo Kazooie style game for all modern formats by the original game's creators.

I backed the Pine A64. I just wanted a 64-bit SBC that's just about as cheap as a RPi with better specs. I'm betting on Tamil getting in good shape and subsequently open-sourced in the near-future for the board to be useful. A low-power, ARM-based media server backend is something I want for various reasons, and I think the Pine A64+ may be able to pull it off.

Tbh, I would've preferred backing the LimeSDR since it's a lot more meaningful. I really wanna back it now that I know of it via these forums, but it's not in the budget.

I want the Pyra first.

not very high tech, i have a thing for cardboard instruments...
opting for no electronics, as those always complicate things. (probably why the Pyra is taking a while to get out the door.)

Discovered Ian's site last December, and I don't tie my shoes the same way anymore. Changed the way I think about shoelaces and lacing forever, so much so that none of my shoes are laced as they come. He even has an iOS app, but he said he won't update it anymore, nor will he work on an Android app/port; the website's light enough.

Check him out!

This has some great specifications compared to other smart-watches
Atari classics to play on the go
Terraria game included
MicroSD slot, for storing media including games
PixelFurnace launcher installed/installable on the MicroSD - Which can run on Linux, Win, MacOS

Some talk of a possible Steam edition too, which could be interesting

Last edited:
Hmm, two months for protyping seems quite short, even if this is a chinese knockoff or something. But this wouldn't be the first kickstarter project with a wildly optimisic schedule, so that's probably nothing against it.

Well, I strayed from my hardline on not doing crowdfunding a little while ago.

I funded this mostly because a my keycaps are slightly yellow, secondly since I bought a Portuguese Amiga I didn't have a US layout. I instead found an old AT keyboard that happened to have keycaps that work, but not quite the right shape.

I backed some miniatures which came though, the first pebble and then the Time2 that got canceled when they were bought out by fitbit. I got 100% of my money back and I love my pebble time but the battery won't last forever and now I'm screwed on smart watches. I don't really want anything beyond telling time and showing me notifications, the iwatch and all the Android watches do way too much.

I also backed the Ouya, man, that was a mistake. I have put 5 bucks in a few projects just because I believed in them but didn't have the money right then to back enough to get the thing.

I'm lucky though, the only failure I backed that fell through I got my money back.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the Pandora and Pyra. Just as I wrote this I realized it is 'what your you backing, not backed. Oops.

I came across the developer in the bridgesim forum, and figured that game was worth to reactivate my Kickstarter account after about 5 years.

it kinda combines the asthetic of sunless sea with the gameplay of bridge simulators, so unlike most bridge sims, it does not take place aboard of a starship, but in a steampunk submarine instead. The campaign will end in 3 days.

And for everyone that may only know artemis(or maybe not even that one) of that genre, but like the concept of a bridge simulator, that game and also the bridgesim forum might be worth a look to discover that niche genre a bit more.
http://bridgesim.net

I just backed Mr Biffo (Paul Rose from Digitiser on 4Tel)'s new youtube series:

3 days left and we're only 100 quid away from them having to do destruction derby for real!

I've been following Biffo's digitiser2000 blog/review site/funny crap site since it launched (having missed out of bubblegun while that was a thing), and his Found Footage comedy youtube series proves he can put together youtube videos. Some of the humour in that was a bit beyond me if I'm honest, although I certainly enjoyed the songs, so I didn't pledge for that, but this sounds more up my street.

Back