So, What Did You Order?

1 Pandora and 2 Developer Fund Donations.
I might get the TV-Out cable eventually, but I'm not sure for now.

1 x 16GB SD & 1 x TV Cable & 1 x Pandora & 1 x Case & 1 x $20 Donation (Air)

It will be nice to play classics on a TV screen once again. Didn't feel like shopping around for 16 GB cards. I considered an extra battery but I'll get that later if necessary. And I bought a donation in hopes that it will help encourage an N64 emulator sooner.

My mom likes classic SNES games as well; i might buy her one if these machines are as good as they sound.

This console is actually fairly priced... unlike most console manufacturers, who lose money on each hardware sale but make up for the loss by restricting homebrew and user freedom. I haven't bought a DS or PSP game in years but classic console games never get old.

I got:

1x Pandora

And I might buy a developer fund donation soon. As for the case, I'm hoping an old gameboy advance case will fit. =/

hey

I just wanted to say that I think it's admirable to see some folks adding to the devfund multiple times! (most noticeably cosurgi)

As I posted earlier, I only got the Pandora for now and plan to add to the devfund once things settle down :). I was also a bit side struck after finding the Pandora being more expensive than expected, I guess the Australian dollar is worth less now, hehe.

But yea, anyone else thinking about getting a battery, checkout what Ryuu had to say earlier in the thread. That is if you don't plan to use the extra battery right away be aware that I think they degrade even when not in use.

cyas

Last edited by a moderator:
The degeneration of Li-ions and Lipolys is FAR slower than any other battery technology, especially when compared to nickle cadmium/metal hydride. There's not as much to worry about as capacity wariness, especially with SmartChargers, which I assume the Pandora will have. My point is, you're not going to notice the amperage fallout for at least a few years, and at 10+ hours of battery life depending on what you're doing, the idea of needing a backup battery is kinda silly.

I might buy one to wire up in parallel, though... :p

Just ordered the one Pandora. I'm a poor college student so I don't get to eat for the next 3 weeks because of this purchase. YAY!

2x Pandora
2x Battery
1x Dev Fund
1x Case
1x TV Cable

One for a friend, one for me. :)
Edit: If they aren't sold completely out by late this month for some freak reason, I'll likely get a 3rd for myself.

AireTamStorm said:
2x Pandora
2x Battery
1x Dev Fund
1x Case
1x TV Cable

One for a friend, one for me. :)
Edit: If they aren't sold completely out by late this month for some freak reason, I'll likely get a 3rd for myself.
so, tell me, are you a fortune 500 entrepreneur or an international superstar?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back