So After Consulting With The Posts On Here ....


I use the Energizer 2500mAh batteries and they seem to last a good amount of time (4+ hours), not brilliant, but hopefully that will change.

I highly recomend them.
 
infact 4-5 hours are great, you can allways have some spare batteries and get up to 20 hours with just 6 spare batteries that shouldn't take up much space :)

It was a great decission of GPH to not use a LiOn Battery.
 
I picked up the Energizers too since they were the only 2500mAh rechargeables I could find in this shithole town, but I haven't gotten my GP2X yet. I hope they work out ok.
 
bmilleker posted on Dec 3 2005 at 12:49 PM said:
Thats all you could find in edmonton!?
​

Fuck, we have like 800 Future Shops and Best Buys but the best they could do was Panasonic 2300mAh rechargeables, or Energizer e2 non-rechargeables. Even The Source had a shitty selection of batteries, but at least they had these.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ordered some kodak 2500mah...guessing they are for digital cameras so hoping they'll be good'ns :)
 
Deleted User posted on Dec 3 2005 at 07:54 PM said:
hey, is the polarity negative like in the gp32?

Yes, as somebody said before, look for the words 'centre negative' or the *-(*-* symbol (yes, the asterisks are dots, but I'm no good at ascii art).
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Lazrhog posted on Dec 3 2005 at 08:16 PM said:
4x2500mah rechargable batteries + 1hr charger reduced to £24.99 in PCWorld at the moment

Energiser 2500mah Batteries at PC World
Sorry to disappoint you, but I've seen that same pack for £19.99 in Dixons. :P

I'm going to buy some next week though, they're the only NiMH batteries of reasonable capacity that I can find round here that aren't made by Uniross.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Quote from manual...

The outside of the adapter jack is positive (+), the inside negative (-)

:)
 
Willei posted on Dec 3 2005 at 02:23 PM said:
Lazrhog posted on Dec 3 2005 at 08:16 PM said:
4x2500mah rechargable batteries + 1hr charger reduced to £24.99 in PCWorld at the moment

Energiser 2500mah Batteries at PC World
Sorry to disappoint you, but I've seen that same pack for £19.99 in Dixons. :P

I'm going to buy some next week though, they're the only NiMH batteries of reasonable capacity that I can find round here that aren't made by Uniross.
​


You've been had, I bought 8 energizer 2500maH NiMH rechargables and 8 hour charger for $20 (11.5376 GBP according to XE.com)

Edit: that is at Sam's Club in the States
 
Last edited by a moderator:
nubie posted on Dec 3 2005 at 04:20 PM said:
Willei posted on Dec 3 2005 at 02:23 PM said:
Lazrhog posted on Dec 3 2005 at 08:16 PM said:
4x2500mah rechargable batteries + 1hr charger reduced to £24.99 in PCWorld at the moment

Energiser 2500mah Batteries at PC World
Sorry to disappoint you, but I've seen that same pack for £19.99 in Dixons. :P

I'm going to buy some next week though, they're the only NiMH batteries of reasonable capacity that I can find round here that aren't made by Uniross.
​


You've been had, I bought 8 energizer 2500maH NiMH rechargables and 8 hour charger for $20 (11.5376 GBP according to XE.com)

Edit: that is at Sam's Club in the States
​

Yuck 8 HOURS!!! DANG thats a long time. I have 4 2100MaH batteries and a 15 MINUTE charger. So I think you have been ownd :P (being that I have an infinite amount of power because you would eventually run out of batteries with a 8 hour charger) :lol:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
mystery posted on Dec 3 2005 at 10:32 PM said:
2100 maH not enough?
​
2100maH is fine. But you should be able to get an extra 48 minutes out of 2500s :P
 
Last edited by a moderator:
reallynotnick posted on Dec 3 2005 at 03:52 PM said:
nubie posted on Dec 3 2005 at 04:20 PM said:
Willei posted on Dec 3 2005 at 02:23 PM said:
Lazrhog posted on Dec 3 2005 at 08:16 PM said:
4x2500mah rechargable batteries + 1hr charger reduced to £24.99 in PCWorld at the moment

Energiser 2500mah Batteries at PC World
Sorry to disappoint you, but I've seen that same pack for £19.99 in Dixons. :P

I'm going to buy some next week though, they're the only NiMH batteries of reasonable capacity that I can find round here that aren't made by Uniross.
​


You've been had, I bought 8 energizer 2500maH NiMH rechargables and 8 hour charger for $20 (11.5376 GBP according to XE.com)

Edit: that is at Sam's Club in the States
​

Yuck 8 HOURS!!! DANG thats a long time. I have 4 2100MaH batteries and a 15 MINUTE charger. So I think you have been ownd :P (being that I have an infinite amount of power because you would eventually run out of batteries with a 8 hour charger) :lol:
​


Yeah, but for 11GBP I can get a 15 min charger and still be money ahead :P
 
Last edited by a moderator:
mystery posted on Dec 3 2005 at 10:32 PM said:
2100 maH not enough?
​
Enough for 3,5-4 hours perhaps(depends on the quality of your batteries). The mAh just tell you how much energy the batteries are storing, the gp2x drains arround 400-500 mAh from the batteries(afaik, not that sure about it, please correct me if I'm wrong).

But that's 400-500 mAh @ 1,5V. Rechargable batteries only have 1,2V so the gp2x drains quite a bit more mA every hour out of the rechargable than from standard alkalines...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A quick point that I'd like to make is that since GP2x dies/malfunctions while there is some charge left, you have to make sure rechargeable batteries are all refreshed(used up) before getting recharged. Otherwise, the memory effect will shorten the battery life. I suspect that is one of the reasons why some people have short(er) battery life problems.
 
Back
Top