Need Help With This Charger And Battery Issue......

tgg

I have this Energizer Charger CHDC that came with 4 2500mah batteries, but I you see in my other threads below my mk1 gp2x drains the batteries like in 10-15 minutes. So I thought maybe the energizers 2500mah are bad so I bought 4 new duracells 2650mah and charge it overnight and the charger has a green light while its charging and it turns off when the batteries are charge, well these new batteries only lasted no more than 20 minutes.

Is the gp2x bad or something or do I maybe need another charger, I just dont know whats going on.

New NiMh batteries will normally need 4 or 5 charge/discharge cycles to get them to full capacity

sam fisher said:
Could also be the charger, is it a first edition?
No its not a first edition. I bought a new duracell charger at target model #cef21 and I'll see what happens later tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
No same issue with new batterys and charger it only lasts like 15 minutes of use. Does anyone know a fix?

Energizer Charger CHDC; a Grey plastic lump that folds into itself; paperweight... and a lousy one at that.

Get a real microprocessor controlled multi-channel charger, with some Sanyo batteries (Energiser uses them as a OEM sometimes...). Negative Delta-V charging.

http://www.mahaenergy.com I hear are good... (don't actually own one myself...)

I find that out of a group ONE battery always dies before the rest, the other will have 50-60% charge and the 'dead' one is truly at 0%... strange but true. So an battery analysier would be good as well. (or a good multi-meter)

Also:

make sure the battery terminals are CLEAN, not corroded or tarnished. Get some Progold or some kind of metal electrical contact cleaner.

Back