So After Consulting With The Posts On Here ....

I use the Energizer 2500mAh batteries and they seem to last a good amount of time (4+ hours), not brilliant, but hopefully that will change.

I highly recomend them.

infact 4-5 hours are great, you can allways have some spare batteries and get up to 20 hours with just 6 spare batteries that shouldn't take up much space :)

It was a great decission of GPH to not use a LiOn Battery.

I picked up the Energizers too since they were the only 2500mAh rechargeables I could find in this shithole town, but I haven't gotten my GP2X yet. I hope they work out ok.

bmilleker posted on Dec 3 2005 at 12:49 PM said:
Thats all you could find in edmonton!?

Fuck, we have like 800 Future Shops and Best Buys but the best they could do was Panasonic 2300mAh rechargeables, or Energizer e2 non-rechargeables. Even The Source had a shitty selection of batteries, but at least they had these.

Last edited by a moderator:
ordered some kodak 2500mah...guessing they are for digital cameras so hoping they'll be good'ns :)

Deleted User posted on Dec 3 2005 at 07:54 PM said:
hey, is the polarity negative like in the gp32?

Yes, as somebody said before, look for the words 'centre negative' or the *-(*-* symbol (yes, the asterisks are dots, but I'm no good at ascii art).

Lazrhog posted on Dec 3 2005 at 08:16 PM said:
4x2500mah rechargable batteries + 1hr charger reduced to £24.99 in PCWorld at the moment

Energiser 2500mah Batteries at PC World
Sorry to disappoint you, but I've seen that same pack for £19.99 in Dixons. :p

I'm going to buy some next week though, they're the only NiMH batteries of reasonable capacity that I can find round here that aren't made by Uniross.

Quote from manual...

The outside of the adapter jack is positive (+), the inside negative (-)

:)

Willei posted on Dec 3 2005 at 02:23 PM said:
4x2500mah rechargable batteries + 1hr charger reduced to £24.99 in PCWorld at the moment

I'm going to buy some next week though, they're the only NiMH batteries of reasonable capacity that I can find round here that aren't made by Uniross.

You've been had, I bought 8 energizer 2500maH NiMH rechargables and 8 hour charger for $20 (11.5376 GBP according to XE.com)

Edit: that is at Sam's Club in the States

nubie posted on Dec 3 2005 at 04:20 PM said:

You've been had, I bought 8 energizer 2500maH NiMH rechargables and 8 hour charger for $20 (11.5376 GBP according to XE.com)

Yuck 8 HOURS!!! DANG thats a long time. I have 4 2100MaH batteries and a 15 MINUTE charger. So I think you have been ownd :p (being that I have an infinite amount of power because you would eventually run out of batteries with a 8 hour charger) :lol:

mystery posted on Dec 3 2005 at 10:32 PM said:
2100 maH not enough?
2100maH is fine. But you should be able to get an extra 48 minutes out of 2500s :p

reallynotnick posted on Dec 3 2005 at 03:52 PM said:
nubie posted on Dec 3 2005 at 04:20 PM said:

Yuck 8 HOURS!!! DANG thats a long time. I have 4 2100MaH batteries and a 15 MINUTE charger. So I think you have been ownd :p (being that I have an infinite amount of power because you would eventually run out of batteries with a 8 hour charger) :lol:

Yeah, but for 11GBP I can get a 15 min charger and still be money ahead :p

mystery posted on Dec 3 2005 at 10:32 PM said:
2100 maH not enough?
Enough for 3,5-4 hours perhaps(depends on the quality of your batteries). The mAh just tell you how much energy the batteries are storing, the gp2x drains arround 400-500 mAh from the batteries(afaik, not that sure about it, please correct me if I'm wrong).

But that's 400-500 mAh @ 1,5V. Rechargable batteries only have 1,2V so the gp2x drains quite a bit more mA every hour out of the rechargable than from standard alkalines...

A quick point that I'd like to make is that since GP2x dies/malfunctions while there is some charge left, you have to make sure rechargeable batteries are all refreshed(used up) before getting recharged. Otherwise, the memory effect will shorten the battery life. I suspect that is one of the reasons why some people have short(er) battery life problems.

Back