Snowman "reloaded"

Oh and thank you very much to the person, who gave 1 or 2 stars to my game. I am QUITE sure there was a GOOD reason to vote so... >.<

Oh and I beat foxblock in the hard mode!
Heh, try again sweetie :)
H8JrOrS.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, I don't hope it was just because of the bug with version 2.0.0.7... In this version the hard mode was like the easy mode. >.< Please update!

I know, it wasn't, check your ICQ bro.

(btw, I also deleted the 2.0.7.0 version from the repo archive, just in case... hope you don't mind)

(btw, I also deleted the 2.0.7.0 version from the repo archive, just in case... hope you don't mind)
How? I wanted to do this, but I didn't know how... Did I miss, that you became repo admin?

How? I wanted to do this, but I didn't know how... Did I miss, that you became repo admin?
I have always been, but you as a application maintainer should also be able to delete an old version.

Make sure you are logged in, click the "Archived" button on your app and then the "Crossed circle" button next to the version you want to delete (CAUTION: There is no confirmation, once you click it's gone).

C4a could get some version checking ;)
C4A could get a lot of things (ascending score sorting anyone) ;)

foxblock has unwieldy powers that us here mortals are too weak to handle :)
Also, he's a repo moderator or something...

I fixed a bug, that the music faded out (and remained muted), if you die.

I improved Sparrow3d and Snowman again (I know, big surprise, that this is even possible...)

It was quite annoying, that you had to wait up to 30 seconds for both scores to be loaded. In fact I could load both scores at the same time... Unfortunately I never thought about this (I thought one game, one score, not one game, multiple scores, which is the cases for all my games now...). So I had to rewrite a big part of the C4A code in sparrow3d and now I am able to download scores parallel, yeah!

So in fact no big change for the users, but 300 changed code lines for the developer. ^^'

Oh and I don't want to beg, but...

I BEG YOU, VOTE FOR ME! Snowman is so cool! Got it? COOL! Because it is about snow and a snowman... Nevermind.

Congratulations to foxblock, who won a 16€ voucher for dragonbox!

I uploaded a new version and implemented some requested features

• Walking now works with acceleration, which should make small movements much easier
  • You have to repress the jump button to jump again to not jump accidental
  • I added a max speed for falling down
  • Fixed some little issues about a wrong internet address and other stuff.

Nice, I like the movement much better now, great improvement!

One bug I noticed: When pressing [select] in the Pause menu to exit, it gives you the option to cancel by pressing [start], which does not work.

Also committing scores or getting any connection at all to the C4A server still is very random and rare for me. :(

I like this game a lot. The concept is really nice. But it is too hard imo. I think "easy" should be renamed to "medium", and an easier setting than the current "easy" should be added. Maybe where jumping is free or something like that.

I don't mind a challenging game as long as it's not frustrating. I also hate the trend in modern games to make everything accessible to everyone, taking all the challenge out in the process.

Snowman is very challenging, but also frustrating. Part of what made it frustrating to me was the movement, which is now much better in my eyes (you must never have reason to blame the game for your mistakes).

The other part is the snow mechanic, which is frustrating by design. Being stuck in a pit just one jump away from the goal is stupid.

However, this game is a special platformer, it requires planning beforehand, just running in will get you killed.

Making jumping free will drastically alter gameplay. I think it takes away from the core design, but I would be interested to see how it turns out.

I think the problem rather lies on an individual level basis. Some levels (especially 1-2 or maybe even the whole beginning levels after 1-1) are way too hard and the difficulty curve could use some smoothing.

Nice, I like the movement much better now, great improvement!
Thanks!
One bug I noticed: When pressing [select] in the Pause menu to exit, it gives you the option to cancel by pressing [start], which does not work.
Nice,one of my best ones. "Puh, I am quite good, let's pause, take a deep breath and resume... Ups, that was the wrong button. Gladly Ziz implemented an extra dialog to cancel quit... Wait... Wat? NOOOOOO!"I will fix it soon. ^^

Also committing scores or getting any connection at all to the C4A server still is very random and rare for me. :(
This is so strange and I have no idea,what's going on. Will take some time to debug this shit. :/

I like this game a lot. The concept is really nice. But it is too hard imo. I think "easy" should be renamed to "medium", and an easier setting than the current "easy" should be added. Maybe where jumping is free or something like that.
Hm, na...I think it is not too hard. They are other games (I will not mention, because imo doing the same thing like four times is stupid), which are much harder - and liked nevertheless. ;) Or to say it like the fisherman's friends advertisement: "If they are to hard you are to weak."

Hm, na...
I think it is not too hard. They are other games (I will not mention, because imo doing the same thing like four times is stupid), which are much harder - and liked nevertheless. ;) Or to say it like the fisherman's friends advertisement: "If they are to hard you are to weak."
I don't think you can really judge how hard it actually is, since you designed both the game mechanics and the levels.

Back