Snowman "reloaded"

Ziz

Advanced Member

Ziz

Advanced Member
Six days until the deadline and today I finished nearly everything! "Only" two levels are missing, but at a pinch I finish them at the way to work in the Bus with the pandora itself (other board members even make whole games just with the pandora :p ). Or at work. :p Just text files to edit. ;) So I will get it done, yeah!

So, what is new, what have I done?

• New enemy kind. Pissed snow. If you kill it, it may split into two new enemies, oh no!
  • All except two levels are done - with hard mode.
  • Some bugfixes
  • Overlay help if you press the left shoulder button
  • C4A Support!
I made a video. It shows you the help overlay, the new triple shoot (I think I mentioned before) and of course the C4A support. As always everything is handled via entering rooms. :) You see even the highest available score (atm there is only one... mine ^^) to get an imagination, how good/bad you are.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/tQWoGgCRI3E?feature=oembed
I think I can upload the new version with finished levels in ~2 months™ days.  ;)

greetings, Ziz

Last edited by a moderator:

Ziz

Advanced Member
A request to all testers...

We all know, every program can have bugs. Snowman Reloaded seems to crash at certain conditions.

However it doesn't help to give a comment on repo.openpandora.org, which just says, that it crashes. I need to know:

• when did it crash. What did you do? Did you die?
  • Which level was it?
  • What does the log say?
  • Were you able to reproduce it? If yes: What do I have to do to reproduce it, too?
I am some kind of pissed, that some people just give comments about crashes without the possibility for me to know, how it crashes. I can't contact comment writers on repo.openpandora.org. And even if I fix the bug somehow (maybe black magic?), I can't tell you, that I fixed the bug and earn the fifth star...
So PLEASE give me bug reports here or at least use your board name in repo-comments, so I can contact you about bugs or maybe give me an address (ICQ, Jabber, E-Mail, whatever) in the comment.

Thank you and keep on testing! :D

Ziz

Advanced Member
Way too few people are playing snowman - or at least commit scores to C4A!

So to motivate you to commit scores, I will give the two best players in C4A of February 2014 in the easy and hard category each a voucher for dragonbox.de of 8 bit per cent of the sum I won (IF I win something of course). If one persons wins in both categories, (s)he gets 16 bit per cent of course.

So if I win 50€, you can win two 4€ vouchers, if I win 100€ you can win two 8€ vouchers and in the unlikely case of winning a 200€ voucher, you can win two 16€ vouchers!

greetings, Ziz

Edit: Myself will not participate of course.

Ziz

Advanced Member
Milkshake added the banners for c4a.openpandora.org, so start commiting!

If the commit don't work, try to turn it off and on again: The game, the wifi, the whole pandora...  Some of this should work. And maybe I should increase the timeout to 15s instead of 10s.

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
So if I win 50€, you can win two 4€ vouchers, if I win 100€ you can win two 8€ vouchers and in the unlikely case of winning a 200€ voucher, you can win two 16€ vouchers!
I'm not sure we can allow this because basically there would be a financial incentive for people to vote for you, and therefore it's something that can be assimilated to buying votes.

Please think about it again.

Ziz

Advanced Member
 I'm not sure we can allow this because basically there would be a financial incentive for people to vote for you, and therefore it's something that can be assimilated to buying votes.

Please think about it again.
I spoke with ED about it. I didn't ask for permission, but as he throws the vouchers in I told him about my idea and he didn't say something against it. However I thought about it, I like the idea. But if you want to forbid it: Feel free, I will remove this offer then. :)

Ziz

Advanced Member
Foxblock gave me a quite useful bug report with a reproducible crash, which I fixed in the recent version.

This could be the error CCF mentioned, too. :D

Btw. I am still waiting for C4A entries!

Ziz

Advanced Member
Wuza, first Submit of a score, which is not from me! :D

Furthermore 5 points for Gryffindor! Vote for me! Slytherin (Pandora Image Viewer) and Hufflepuff (Qemu Dos Games Pack) shall not win! ^^

ingoreis

Hardcore Member
Staff member
Wuza, first Submit of a score, which is not from me! :D

Furthermore 5 points for Gryffindor! Vote for me! Slytherin (Pandora Image Viewer) and Hufflepuff (Qemu Dos Games Pack) shall not win! ^^
Funny Text :)

But very good Game from you ;)

But Hufflepuff is not fine,i love more Jigglypuff (German Name is Pummeluff ^_^ )

I love Pummeluff.

250px-Pummeluff_Gesang.jpg

And when i sing sleep all :lol:  

Snowman reloaded is a realy good Game ;)

Ziz

Advanced Member
I just uploaded a new version.

The wifi is quite buggy sometimes. Or my C4A implementation. But it is easier to point to someone else...

However sometimes it is quite hard to commit a score or to download the already committed scores (I only commit, if the score isn't committed yet).

So far you had to load the C4A-page (which needs to load two scores, which needs up to 30 seconds if it timeouts) to start the commit process (which may fail after 15-30s nevertheless).

So instead you can now try to restart the score-submit-process without the need of waiting 30 seconds for nothing.

Furthermore I fixed the map. In hard mode (the mode for REAL (wo)men) the snow flakes, which are not available in this mode, were shown, too. ;)

Oh and I beat foxblock in the hard mode! However he is quite good in the easy mode, which is quite dismally. -_-' Beaten in my own game... >.<