Winners of the Compo

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Right now the voting for 4 categories have been completed. Congratulations!

Judges have been needed for Significant Improvement and New Pandora Use Categories for the 2nd and 3rd place. Here are the final results:

New Original Game

1. _wb_ with PandoraNano Lemmings

2. Undexsym with GFM... 

3. Slaeshjag with PewPewTris

New Ported Game

1. PtitSeb with SmokinGuns

2. PtitSeb with The Butterfly Effect

3. M-HT with Area 2048

Significant Improvement

1. _wb with PIV

2. Ziz with Snowman Reloaded

3. IngoReis with QEmu Dos Game Pack

New Pandora Use

1. crow_riot with Flashenv

2. commander-beef with uPIM

3. PtitSeb with Printrun

Donations from the community: €914.96

Split for each category : 228.74 

Each category's first prize: 114.37

Each category's second prize: 68.62

Each category's third prize: 45.75

Notable observations:

- _wb_ won 2 first prizes in two categories! Well done!

- PtitSeb won 3 prizes in 2 different categories! Good performance too!

- crow_riot's Flashenv had 3 times more votes than the second place behind him ! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to transfer part of my prize to people who helped me? In particular, I would like to give a 50 EUR voucher to mcobit (he did lots of nice graphics). I don't know what to do with EvilDragon -- he did lots of nice sound samples, but I don't think it makes sense to give him a voucher in his own shop ;)   so maybe instead of that, another 50 EUR of my prize could be converted into a Pyra dev donation or a Pandora preorder fund donation or something like that?

Is it possible to transfer part of my prize to people who helped me? In particular, I would like to give a 50 EUR voucher to mcobit (he did lots of nice graphics). I don't know what to do with EvilDragon -- he did lots of nice sound samples, but I don't think it makes sense to give him a voucher in his own shop ;)   so maybe instead of that, another 50 EUR of my prize could be converted into a Pyra dev donation or a Pandora preorder fund donation or something like that?
I'll check with ED :) I'm sure something can be worked out. 

Altough none of my favourites won, congrats to the competition winners - as shenmue already pointed out > the community is the real winner here

Thanks a lot! It would be great if those €50 can be turned into a donation of ED's choice, too.

Already said in the category thread - thanks for all the votes for flashenv - really appreciate it! Congrats to all other winners, thanks to all participants and thanks to eki and ED for organizing it! :)

Thanks a lot! It would be great if those €50 can be turned into a donation of ED's choice, too.
I asked ED for my little snowman competition (I split off my price voucher two 8%-parts for the best c4a submiters of snowman) and he said everything is possible, but you should talk to him before he gives the vouchers instead of getting one and splitting afterwards. Just makes fewer work for him. :)

Congrats to the winners and every entry in this compo.

4th, 6th and 8th are not bad positions after all, ;)

About prizes, i only need one TV out cable and a 64GB card still pending from Dragonbox compo, the rest can be converted for preorder donations, ;)

I have updated the winners following the judges' decisions:

Judges were : foxblock, sebt3, notaz, skeezix.

I have also asked others but they declined my request (lack of time).

Overall all judges were in agreement for the following:

- Snowman Reloaded to get 2nd place before QEmu Dos Pack

- uPIM to get 2nd place before Printrun

Here are the reasons given :

- Judges valued original work more than ports (unless porting also involves significant amount of original work)

- Utility : vast majority of Pandora users would probably find uPIM more useful than Printrun (while Printrun is awesome in itself)

- Between uPIM and Printrun, it was also said that uPIM was tailored to work well with the Pandora screen while Printrun is a bit less optimal.

- Snowman was considered to be almost like a new game since a new engine was used (sparrow3d) and new content was added (levels, music) and C4 support. In comparison, while it was recognized that a lot of work went into QEmu Dos Game Pack as well, the selection of games gave the impression that the author went for quantity rather than quality, giving a mixed impression.

Some judges gave more details than other but they were all consistent.

I hope the ones who got the 3rd place are not too disappointed - and congratulations to the ones who got the 2nd place! :)

I am Lucky with the 3rd Place too ;)

Ziz made much in the Past for the OP that i think its good to honor him with the better Place.

I cant await a next Compo,maybe Schwerkraft get a big Update too ;)

Piv..Piv is so great,i use it often to sort Pictures from my Camera on the Pandora,great Thx to _WB_ the Creator of NubNub ;)

And Ptitseb,you porting Machine did so much for us.

World of Padman,YgoPro,Freespace,Freespace2,Openarena,Forsaken and and and...

You are always one of the Pandora Gods for us ;)

And Flashenv,is realy a Software what we have waited for Years on the Pandora,many Thx for creating this ;)

All others did great work too,example Roswyn and the Dragons is a funny good Game :)

And the Moderator Ekianjo did a great Job too :)

The Competition is over and the Pandora more alive than ever.

I hope that Tapatalk this Time dont forgot the spaces between my Texts :D

Last edited by a moderator:
So, what's happening now?

(Btw.: It is quite strange, that nearly the half of the winners didn't even react o_O)

So, thank you all for all the votes :)

And congrats to all the participants. Once again, a very tough competition, with many entries, all with a high level on Quality put in the making, proving the Pandora is very Alive and Kicking!

Back