SNES9Xgp v0.95b Released

it'll be a loooong time before we see a well emulated mario kart, the cart used an extra processor chip called a DSP, so emulating MK will require the extra chip to be emulated too, more CPU time etc, it took a while for the DSP to be emulated properly in the PC versions of zsnes.

No longer can my bro say that GBA is better because it has SMW :) MUHAHAHAHA
Does it play as well tho, that is the question

going by what folks are saying its still only good at FS3, still doesnt cut it im afraid IMO

will still be good to be able to play them, but u WILL notice the FS in most games

Last edited by a moderator:
Frame skip 3 is fairly smooth actually. Not very noticeable. But the lack of sound IS. ;) Oh well, can't win em all.

The GBA still wins for giving the complete SMW experience on the go, but hey, we can play Earthbound and Chrono Trigger etc and GBA can't. ;)

Considering this is a port of an emulator, and not one developed from scratch with GP32 optimization in mind, pretty cool. But imagine if someone had the time to do SNES on GP32 all the way... Probably will never happen tho - tons of work I'd imagine.

*sigh* if only overclocking the GP32 didn't screw up the LCD (isn't there a way you could make the voltage seperate? so only a limited (CORRECT) amount of voltage goes to the LCD?)

How, exactly, are the the extra two buttons on the SNES controller handled? (Uhh, the SNES controller did have shoulder buttons didn't it, or is that just my imagination?)

Either just use 4 buttons from the SNES and the 4 GP32 buttons (L,R,A,B) and Start = Start, Select = Select or Use 4 GP32 buttons (L,R,A,B) in 2 diffrent mappings switchabel with select

EX 4 Button mode:
A = A
B = B
L = X
R = Y
Start = Start
Select = Select

EX 6 Button Mode
1:
A = A
B = B
L = L
R = R
Select = Goto 2
2:
A = X
B = Y
L = Start
R = Select
Select = Goto 1

I think it is like that

Thanks.

From what I remember, that would work pretty well with lots of SNES games, because many of them didn't really use all the buttons.

ok this is not happening, this is not happening.

Full speed has not been attained with one game, not one.

how dissapointed am i,

is there something im not doing right.

could some one post a list of games they have found to work perfectly. full speed not choppy!
please i beg of u i love the snes.

i have waited for this for so long.

btw the games ive tried are, street racer (mode 7) so prolly was a bit optimistic, sensible soccer (i expected that to work), roller hockey 95 (no luck), zombies ate my neighbours. worked, well but it worked well on the snes emu.

The version of sensible soccer i have works perfect on the new snes emulator with no sound and works almost perfect with sound :p

Creamed my pants....................oh yes

n

so why choppy on mine?

i know i know.

i should be calm,

your sat by a lake and its clear.......... clear, clear clear. ok much better.
sorry

sensible, calm the hell down. your not really living up to your name.

You shouldnt have gotten the GP32 if you werent willing to wait.

Frameskip 2or3, sensi international version and the previous one works well.

Tried CT, and without sound its *very* playable. Of course, since I'm a huge fan of the music, I'll wait until that one *does* have sound, but that's always been a demanding game. Will be *really* interested in how Lufia 2 works... time to test.

*I* *think* *you* *should* *start* *using* *the* *formatting* *options* *in* *the* *post* *authoring* *menu* *;P*

To me, one game works perfectly, or as perfect as it needs to be: WORMS. I know most people like the PC version(s) more, but as SNES Worms was my first Worms game it has a very special place in my heart. The speed and sound are just fine at about frameskip 3, and dropped frames don't make much a difference as the graphics are so simple and the game is turn-based. This is as far as I'm concerned the best way to go for handheld Worms, as the Gameboy versions are rather weak, and the GP32 is the perfect vehicle due to the pass-the-controller-around-the-table nature of the game.

However, the one strategy game port to GP32 I would love to see more than anything in the world would have to be Pocket Tanks Deluxe, for many of the same reasons. It is the brainchild Tank vs. Tank (Qbasic Gorilla style) game from the veteran programmer who made Scorched Earth, and a good port would play beautifully on the Gamepark.

The version of sensible soccer i have works perfect on the new snes emulator with no sound and works almost perfect with sound :p

Creamed my pants....................oh yes

n
no it doesn't, it works OK with frameskip 2-3. far from ideal for a fast, decent game of footy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back