SNES9xGP .97f RELEASED!!

From the readme:

"2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
misrepresented as being the original software."

So he may release the source after all.

hmm played zelda on both, Snes Emu and Snes9xGP and its still better on SnesEMU... i thought this build of Snes9X is faster but no...
i think we need a new Snes Projekt, or can we ask to get the sources of SnesEmu...
it would be very nice

also when trying a new emu to port than i think Sneese its better than Snes9x i thin and easier to port than ZSnes...

You guys should rethink your attitude, when you can't appreciate the work they did, you better shup up. There is no need for a SNES emu, that's just a fan service.

I hope they release the source, it could be helpfull for the dev community. But to be realistic, to get a decent SNES emu you need a ASM wizard with A LOT of freetime...

Well the reason this version of snes9xgp was made was for MONEY therefore its not a fan service.

Its funny how a quick hash which is known as snesemu is still better than snes9xgp isn't it. Thats not exactly TIGHT ASM.

This is sad. I fired up the Snes Emu and it runs SO much faster than this version. I am going to check, but is anyone working on the SNES Emu version? It is so good even without sound, just needs buttons reconfigured.

Oh well, thanks for the great effort. :rolleyes:

That's too bad. That was actually the first time I tried it. I had read other people's post about the speed and they were all true! Even Pilotwings moved about 10 times faster! Too bad, that one could have been a contender... :(

its a good effort but its still shite i bought the gp32 for snes emulation and by the looks of things its never gonna happen at a proper speed :(

I was really excited about this release.... and to be honest.... I'm greatly dissapointed..... :( Don't get me wrong... I really admire the hard work and time those guys from the Snes9xGP team put in this emu, but I really think it's foolish of them not to release the source code.... it's such a shame that those efforts should be wasted, because this SNES emu is far from finished... :(

Oh well.... :(

Cpt

Why are you people getting angry, and disappointed that he is discontinuing it? He might have stopped developing because he cant get it any faster. Ladies and Gentlemen, you can stop your bitching because you brought this upon yourselves for making such a big deal out of it. In fact, I think its kind of funny. :lol:

Cpt_CoPyCaT posted on Aug 30 2003 said:
I was really excited about this release.... and to be honest.... I'm greatly dissapointed..... :( Don't get me wrong... I really admire the hard work and time those guys from the Snes9xGP team put in this emu, but I really think it's foolish of them not to release the source code.... it's such a shame that those efforts should be wasted, because this SNES emu is far from finished... :(

Oh well.... :(

Cpt
The original PC snes9x code is released under some kind of LICENSE?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, one that only requires improvements to the core source to be released, not ports.

Please read up, this licensing stuff has been discussed before.

There's a lesson to be learnt here. Don't buy a GP32 in the *hope* of getting something. I bought mine only when I knew ST PCE and Spectrum were up to speed. Anything new is a bonus. So if you bought it for snes emulation, you should have read the forums first. I think Inteleco reached a speed bottleneck wth the last version- this one is no faster in my opinion, it's not the guys fault- be glad we have one at all. Slapped wrist to him for not releasing his source though, guess he doesn't want to be outdone. That's the EMU scene for you, very competative.

Back