Snes On Psp

They're probably concerned more about the Piracy.

But I'm sure they realise that the reason the PS1 became so successful was because everyman and his dog was copying games.

They're not stupid, but they have to do something to appease the developers I suppose.

wonder what the v 1.0 firmware PSP's might go for :D

might be worth selling if the price gets really high.... so glad I didn't upgrade my jap unit.

But then I'm thinking... with playable SNES, it wouldn't be so bad keeping one just for emu's... shiiii... fill up a 1gb card and play for DAYS... my GP32 cost almost as much as my PSP did and I didn't bitch when I bought that, why NOT own a second PSP for the same purpose?

Can someone possibly PLEASE give some links of where to go to find exactly HOW to hack into the PSP to play these emu's??? I'm looking and looking and I swear if I find one more f'ing blog instead of a page with REAL info....

seriously though, if it's not breaking any rules can someone please post a link?

You don't need to hack.
If you have fw1.00, just copy the files into the psp/game/newdir on your Stick, and plug it in. It works :)

spray posted on May 16 2005 at 08:48 AM said:
doesn't really matter if they do get anything running on v1.5 as new games will just force you to upgrade to +v1.5

as such i'm currently not seeing the homebrew scene as something thats gonna be that accessible, if at all. no fucking way do i have the money to get another PSP just for homebrew and surely sony will begin flashing JAP psp with the latest firmware soon, the price of an original v1.0 is going to skyrocket on places like ebay.

my hope lies in some kind of buffer overrun exploit being found in a game, then allowing stuff to be booted off the memory card.

Sony could always put the FW in ROM too after it is locked up so there won't be anymore flashing of anything in newer units. That would be bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
SNES emu is really impressive for being a first release... runs nearly as smootly as Osnes at 166mhz on GP... was playing Mario All Stars, Mario 3, it was running about 30fps with sound, but locked up after a couple of minutes of play. The NES emu runs decent, playable, but choppy, with messed up sound. The Gameboy emu seems to run perfectly but has no sound.

All in all I'm VERY impressed considering these are all first or second releases and so early after the system was 'cracked'.

The gameboy one has cool features like screen stretching and it looks REALLY CLEAN stretched, way better than Little John or fGB stretched on the GP, the contrast is BEAUTIFUL on the PSP screen and the blurring wasn't noticeable but you have to figure Nintendo games are typically very bright colored.... I didn't notice any blurring at all though.

no blurring? really impressive!
all we have to do now is wait for the devs to optimize their code, add full screen support, and a bunch of other goodies like video filters, savestates, cool menus, etc :D

and i hope a genesis emulator is being worked on! what's the name of that awesome open sourced sega genesis emulator again?

Haven't been here for a while so I decided to put my 2c worth. Sony will be making games that force you to upgrade your firmware. The first game to have it is space invaders in Japan. The screen comes up with "Wrong firmware, to play this game you need to upgrade, upgrade now?" Or something like that. So if they put that in a must have game like GT4 mobile or burnout, I wonder how many people will resist upgrading.

I don't mind as I don't care about playing old games. Unless their was a PS1 emulator. Plus I don't want the PSP to play pirated software because I'm happy to pay for my games and don't want them to become worthless because of piracy.

Well it's sweet for me as my wife is 'borrowing' the v 1.0 FW PSP, and she RARELY buys new games, also there have been so few games she's even been interested in... she's happy with Lumines and Hot Shots... I'm hoping to start the slow process of talking her into buying another PSP by the time she gets any games that need to update the firmware. In the meantime I'm sure I"ll be buying new games as they come but have no worries about updating my US one as the need arises since it's already 1.5 out of the box.

I don't have any complaints if I have to keep one PSP unupdated and use it for emulators only... Heck I paid well over $200 for a GP32 including rechargeable batteries and a few SMC's just to play emulators... why should I complain about keeping a PSP for that reason, if it has even better emu's or more selection of emu's (I hope) like perfect SNES (again, I hope). Having much larger memory cards to store the stuff on is just icing on the cake for me. I know some would frown when I say this but I imagine at some point the emulation on the PSP will be good enough that it would effectively make playing on the GP32 redundant... though I'll probably keep it as part of my collection of consoles and handhelds since it is a pretty rare and quirky little machine and I LOVE handhelds.

bast525 posted on May 17 2005 at 06:17 AM said:
Well it's sweet for me as my wife is 'borrowing' the v 1.0 FW PSP, and she RARELY buys new games, also there have been so few games she's even been interested in... she's happy with Lumines and Hot Shots... I'm hoping to start the slow process of talking her into buying another PSP by the time she gets any games that need to update the firmware. In the meantime I'm sure I"ll be buying new games as they come but have no worries about updating my US one as the need arises since it's already 1.5 out of the box.

I don't have any complaints if I have to keep one PSP unupdated and use it for emulators only... Heck I paid well over $200 for a GP32 including rechargeable batteries and a few SMC's just to play emulators... why should I complain about keeping a PSP for that reason, if it has even better emu's or more selection of emu's (I hope) like perfect SNES (again, I hope). Having much larger memory cards to store the stuff on is just icing on the cake for me. I know some would frown when I say this but I imagine at some point the emulation on the PSP will be good enough that it would effectively make playing on the GP32 redundant... though I'll probably keep it as part of my collection of consoles and handhelds since it is a pretty rare and quirky little machine and I LOVE handhelds.

Well, great! Bast's happy! Fine! Dandy!

Humph!!!!

:angry:

( :p )

Does anyone want to buy a PSP 1.0 for $1 million dollars and a night with Bast's wife? :D :p

Kop_007 posted on May 17 2005 at 08:39 AM said:
Does anyone want to buy a PSP 1.0 for $1 million dollars and a night with Bast's wife? :D :p

wtf?! <_< :angry:

Back