Snes On Psp

You may want to tell people that this is a movie, and requires quicktime, rather than just posting what seems to be a random filename :)

downloaded it, doesn't work on my psp, its the US version so i'm guessing this release only works on the Japanese version?

I thought they were supposed to be... crap, I forget what it's called... but region wasn't supposed to make a difference for the PSP.

KickinWing posted on May 16 2005 at 12:15 AM said:
downloaded it, doesn't work on my psp, its the US version so i'm guessing this release only works on the Japanese version?

Homebrew currently only works with Firmware 1.00, whereas the US version already has v1.50

Last edited:
Squidge posted on May 15 2005 at 09:43 PM said:
You may want to tell people that this is a movie, and requires quicktime, rather than just posting what seems to be a random filename :)

Well, seen as the Thread Title is SNES on PSP, Its abit obvious that the Video will be of the snes running on the PSP, I didnt mention this as I thought people would be able to work it out ;) ;) :p :D

Last edited by a moderator:
so is everything being done on the PSP for the 1.0 firmware only? That sucks, i want to see this stuff running on my PSP.

So glad I didn't upgrade.

But gonna have to soon with the new games needing the upgrade.

Time is running out.

Just tried out the nes emu with rom selector.

Good for a first release.

I just hope they crack 1.5 and upwards for everyone's sake.

At the moment some people who are into dev are buying 2 PSP's, one for games and one for homebrew. Bit extreme but until some custom firmware selector is made its the only way.

I wonder how long it will take until the psp emu scene surpasses the GP32 one...

-Craig

www.gbax.com

craigix posted on May 16 2005 at 01:52 AM said:
At the moment some people who are into dev are buying 2 PSP's, one for games and one for homebrew. Bit extreme but until some custom firmware selector is made its the only way.

I wonder how long it will take until the psp emu scene surpasses the GP32 one...

-Craig

www.gbax.com

It probably depends on how long it takes to crack the 1.5 PSP FW.

doesn't really matter if they do get anything running on v1.5 as new games will just force you to upgrade to +v1.5

as such i'm currently not seeing the homebrew scene as something thats gonna be that accessible, if at all. no fucking way do i have the money to get another PSP just for homebrew and surely sony will begin flashing JAP psp with the latest firmware soon, the price of an original v1.0 is going to skyrocket on places like ebay.

my hope lies in some kind of buffer overrun exploit being found in a game, then allowing stuff to be booted off the memory card.

spray posted on May 16 2005 at 08:48 AM said:
doesn't really matter if they do get anything running on v1.5 as new games will just force you to upgrade to +v1.5

as such i'm currently not seeing the homebrew scene as something thats gonna be that accessible, if at all. no fucking way do i have the money to get another PSP just for homebrew and surely sony will begin flashing JAP psp with the latest firmware soon, the price of an original v1.0 is going to skyrocket on places like ebay.

my hope lies in some kind of buffer overrun exploit being found in a game, then allowing stuff to be booted off the memory card.

Yep, it seems sony is determined to stamp down on this. I upgraded to v1.5 cos of the language thing! Now, as has been said, new games will require you to have the newest firmware etc.

I just think they'll keep sowing up the loopholes till the devs get tired of trying to get around them and give up! Sad, but....

:(

Steve-O posted on May 16 2005 at 12:34 AM said:
Squidge posted on May 15 2005 at 09:43 PM said:

Well, seen as the Thread Title is SNES on PSP, Its abit obvious that the Video will be of the snes running on the PSP, I didnt mention this as I thought people would be able to work it out ;) ;) :p :D

With a thread title of "SNES on PSP", it's not obvious it's a video tho' :p Now, with a title of "SNES on PSP Video", it would indeed be more obvious...

As Spray says, if people find an exploit which is not in the OS (which the current exploit relies on), it'll be very difficult for Sony to patch, so will most likely live on through future OS releases. Don't forget that homebrew on the Gamecube used Phantasy Star Online for many years before things like SD Loader came out.

It`s a shame Sony prevents us (most of us) from using homebrew with those firmware updates?

Why are they doing this? A console gets only better if you can download and run homebrew for it!

Back