Snes Emulator Released

A SNES emu came out for Nintendo DS many many months after the system was released. It ran patheticly, with limited compatibility and no hope for much improvement.

The PSP's emulator came out a few months after, and eventually ran most SNES games a decent speeds. Assuming you can live with a PSP that can't play new games as well.

The GP2X not scheduled for release in NA for weeks, already has a ALPHA emu.

Where will this be in 6 months? by then it will have 90% perfect emulation of 'normal' games.

on hh you can even clock it to 266Mhz, now someone should port OpenSNES9x, it should run really well at that speed (it ran for me playable with sound in most games at 166Mhz fs1/2) now 100Mhz more...
(and this is only using one cpu)

i don't care if it runs like shit for now, its just great to know that fresh emus are being worked on and within a few months should have some very tasty apps to play with :)

i would like to know what happened to the snes-emu GPH was talking about....

i would like to know what happened to the snes-emu GPH was talking about....

This is probably it... GPH arent working on any emus themselves and as NK (the creator of this emu) is korean he most likely got a dev unit from GPH and then reported to them what he was working on which they inturn published on their site.

Last edited by a moderator:
how difficult would a port of Opensnes9x be? if it runs well at 166mhz on gp32, that's amazing!

Right, will be able to try this tomorrow (technically today). Think I better move some roms to my SD card about now.

Will try and give some idea of it's speed, although there will probably be about 1000 people doing the exact same thing.

If I had an SDK, I'd be porting all the SDL emus for old consoles right now, that could run 30fps on a quick port. Rather then SNES.

We even saw a video of a GBC emulatator being made in 30 minutes, so why was it never released? Playing heroes of might and magic 2 on the GBC emu would be 10 times more fun then playing a slow quick SDL ported emu.

I'll be donating to anyone who can get 30fps running on Yoshi on the SNES.

Same goes to 10fps on PS1 with FF7.

Or MegaDrive (cannonfodder, starcontrol 1) at full speed.

That and a few comerical games is how I will be spending money on my GP2X, now that I have paid for it.

I never understood why nobody had done a heroes of might and magic open source clone

Wow, that needs to get changed immediately. I wonder why a lot of people do stuff like that, or like pre-defined paths. It's not really that hard to work in a few other bits and pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot i had an account on these boards.

Anyway, just wanna say about rom selection and set paths:

Usually it's just easier when you're getting something "up and running" that you limit the file name and directory, as it simply creates "a few less variables a.k.a. 'things that can f*ck up"

I'm holding off on gp2x purchasing until around winter time; just wanna make sure there's nothing glitchy about initial shipments.
You never know.

Just tried SMW. It is working although slowly. FS is very high. This is with sound though, so without it will be faster.
A great start and a nice thing to be able to try on day 1.

Back