Picodrive V0.945 Released

subcon959 posted on Sep 11 2006 at 12:11 AM said:
Aha, nice.. hopefully this means less overclocking.

I don't know why but I still have to do the same amount of overclocking to get the same results. I'm using 22hz sound quality, auto frameskip, and oc to 285 and still get the same results in MUSHA and Gunstar Heroes. The results are pretty good just the same. I guess I should test it with other games and less over clocking to see. Either way I am greatful of a new release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prime example of why it's good to release the source. Thanks for finding and fixing that.

geise69 posted on Sep 11 2006 at 02:21 PM said:
I don't know why but I still have to do the same amount of overclocking to get the same results. I'm using 22hz sound quality, auto frameskip, and oc to 285 and still get the same results in MUSHA and Gunstar Heroes. The results are pretty good just the same. I guess I should test it with other games and less over clocking to see. Either way I am greatful of a new release.
Well it's about 1-2fps or maybe less depending on the game. The main reason for this release was the addition of framelimiter to non-auto frameskip modes..

notaz posted on Sep 11 2006 at 03:33 PM said:
The main reason for this release was the addition of framelimiter to non-auto frameskip modes..
Wow, I only mentioned that yesterday and it's already implemented! You rock.

subcon959 posted on Sep 11 2006 at 11:13 AM said:
notaz posted on Sep 11 2006 at 03:33 PM said:
The main reason for this release was the addition of framelimiter to non-auto frameskip modes..
Wow, I only mentioned that yesterday and it's already implemented! You rock.

Yes I did notice that if I used frameskip 0 instead of auto it wouldn't stutter anymore.

Now that DRMD has nobody developing it, I was wondering whether scaling would be included for games programed at different resolutions? NHL hockey still runs at a rduced rate. Also, Wonderboy in Monster word still runs in a reduced frame. Apart from that the emulator rocks. I can now play Herzog!

You wouldn't want to scale the display anyway. You only lose 8 pixels on the top and bottom, and if you skew it, you'll just make the picture look disgusting. The MD resolution, 320x224, is almost identical to the GP2X's 320x240.

Back