Snes Emulation

aesir911

aesir triumphs
I saw many forums asking for help with SNES, but none helping with the basics. What's the best SNES emulator? do you need any bios for it? Are there any basic issues that I should look out for? Do all games work well? Are there some really laggy games that I should avoid? THanks for your help in advance.

Download PocketSNES here:
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,37

Check the readme.

No bios is required for SNES.

Most games work pretty well. Some lag here or there which can usually be corrected by either shutting off transparencies or by overclocking.

You should avoid any games that use the super FX chip, games like StarFox and Stunt Race FX, these will not run well.

One tip for you that everyone forgets, once you begin playing a game in order to return to the main menu of the emulator press both volume buttons at the same time.

I need help with PocketSNES, I can't seem to get the save states to work properly. I'm trying to play Actraiser but the save states aren't showing up on my Wiz. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of the procedure starting with hitting the volume buttons to enter the menu? One thing also, when I plug my Wiz into my computer and browse the files it does show a file in the save states folder. But like I said, when I try playing it doesn't show up.

Orion4874 said:
I need help with PocketSNES, I can't seem to get the save states to work properly. I'm trying to play Actraiser but the save states aren't showing up on my Wiz. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of the procedure starting with hitting the volume buttons to enter the menu? One thing also, when I plug my Wiz into my computer and browse the files it does show a file in the save states folder. But like I said, when I try playing it doesn't show up.

I'm not sure if you figured this out yet or not. It's pretty straight forward once you understand how it's working. I started Actraiser to make sure it wasn't something funky with the rom itself. I entered my name and got to the point where I was about to fight the monsters.

Steps.
  1. Press Vol+ Vol- (Opens the menu)
  2. Press Down on the D-Pad (Highlights "Manage Save States.")
  3. Press 'B' (Selects Manage Save States)
  4. Press Down on the D-Pad (Highlights "Save State")
  5. Press 'B' (Selects Save State)
    (You should Currently have a 'SLOT 0' at the top of the Screen. Press the Down arrow to advance if you want to use another slot eg slots 1 - 9)
  6. Press 'B' (Saves current state, it should now say Slot used)
  7. Press 'X' until you exit the Menu

To load the state
Repeat the Process but instead of choosing Save State you choose Load State.

Note: You have to make sure you Load the ROM before you are able to save and load states.

-Kruz

Last edited by a moderator:
Back