Files Structure People Puleeez

spyloud

Still Fresh
What's on your sdcard? What does a properly working SD directory look like? An Emu for every system + BIOS (properly named) + Favorite Games. I have Emus but I don't know how to configure them. I'm missing that one file. I have BIOS but I don't know how to name them, and so on...

sd/GameBoy/..
game_config.txt
gba_bios.bin
gpsp.cfg
gpsp.gpe
gpsp_wiz
romdir.txt
warm_2.6.24.ko

sd/SNES/..
/options/romdir.opt
/savestate
/sram
mmuhack.ko
pocketsnes.gpe
pocketsnes_fast.gpe

Samples of working directories I'm looking for:
Scrummvm
ua4all
dosbox

+2 Luck bonus and improved THAC0 to all those who contribute.

--Spycloud

p.s. I'm not asking BIOS here, just what they would be NAMED.

Here is an example, will use Picodrive

On your SD card create a folder with an obvious name of what its purpose is. In this case I'll call it Sega

Now unzip the Picodrive to your SD card into the folder Sega. You can find Picodrive at openhandhelds.org

Now once you've done this all the appropriate files will be there minus the bios for the segacd.

In the readme it will tell you the bios names you need. Now some of the bios's you find on the internet will be named correctly and other will not. If you have to rename the bios dont forget that by default if your using windows vista and xp file extensions are hidden so dont rename it blahblahblah.bin cuz it will show up actually as blahblahblah.bin.bin if your file extensions are hidden. So double check if you can see file extinctions then name it whatever it should be .bin if your file extensions are hidden then name it what ever it should be but dont add the .bin.

Now for the sake of your own insanity if the emulator by default doesn't have a folder for games or roms create one and place all the appropriate games in such.

So now my SD card would look something like this and so on

SD\
Sega\Games\....
PSX4All\Games\...in this example my bios is in the main folder also as both emu's doesn't have a separate bios folder requirement

also I know some of the readme's are lacking in there instructions but most of them are pretty spot on.

Hope this helps

Also not every emulator requires a bio's, so unless it states in the ready me that you need one dont wast your time looking for one.

Yeh cool I'll try it out. Pico drive seems pretty straight forward (the console emus, that is) it's the computer systems that get squirrely. Do you have any tips for Amiga or Scummvm?

thx

Back