Sms32

Dozer

Efram the retarded rabbit
Website
lawrencewithaw.tumblr.com
I noticed that my version of sms32 (v0.5beta) is only a beta. Iv had a look around but cant find any newer versions. Is this the latest one? If theres a newer one has the full screen mode been implemented yet?

I just tried SMS, and it seems to crash, but it chrashes in a "low-battery way". I tried Choplifter, Desert Strike and Phantasy Star. The first and second game chrashes before you can begin to play in a low-battery way, the graphics dissapear and the machine reboots. Phantasy Star runs a little longer, but chrased when I defeated an enemy and got a tresure chest.

ljgp seems to run fine without battery-chrashes, and so does Doom. The batteries are not new, the other ones where old so I stole these from a remote control.

Does these games work for the rest of you? Do I need to wory or is this just one of those low-battery errors?

I havnt tried any of those games but iv never had crashes from the emulator tho. And why wont they update it?! If the author isnt planning on updating it then he should realease the code. Its a really cool emulator but could b made one of the best if it had some better options (ie screen panning and state saves)

i've not crashed it at all.

phantasy star + choplifter work fine for me. I'd not expect them to update this emulator, nor would I be upset if they didn't (it's handled everything I have thrown at it and asked for more!)

if you're really honestly bugging you can wait for rlyeh's emu for the same system, maybe it will do better by you.. tinker with what you got in the meantime.

Indeed, it seems perfect to me too (apart from it does not support paralax scrolling on the few sms games that use it)

There is no need for an updated version really.

I can't be bothered to go into the 'why it can't take up the whole screen (without looking shit)' thing again.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

its never crashed on me YET!!!!! i live in hope ;) ;) ;) ;)

i quite like the emulator, most games work that i've tried....

Well you wont have to wait to long as the new sms emu for the gp is comming soon :)

It runs 100% fullspeed with sound and its gonna be optimised with asm so u get 100% full speed and sound just at a lower mhz so the battery will last longer :)

but 133mhz and fullspeed thats quite good :) dont think there would be 1 game that dosent work with it.

Just use that sms emu till this 1 comes out B)

:ph34r:

If the author isnt planning on updating it then he should realease the code.

Unfortunately, life doesn't always go the way you want it to.

I can't be bothered to go into the 'why it can't take up the whole screen (without looking shit)' thing again.

You said that about full-screen NES emulation too, but that turned out great.

I think SMS32 is great. It has run everything I tried on it with no problems. The only thing keeping it from being 100% (at least by my loose standards) is lack of support for a ROM name database, but that's really just trivial.

Personally, the only problem I ever had with SMS32 was if you load up a game with battery backup that has an existing save (in my case, Golden Axe Warrior), then with or without saving you turn the GP32 off, the emulator does not write the save file. What's more, the previous save isn't kept either. So basically, you lose your whole game. Very nasty, this happened to me on both Phantasy Star and Golden Axe Warrior!

However, I should point out that it uses the same save format as PC emulators...although I think filename extensions are different...

Only annoying thing I've found with it is messed up FM emulation (i.e. no-one says "SEGA" when you boot the thing, even with FM emulation turned on). But apart from that, the thing's perfect.

And proper gamma means further its one of those emus I can use under a dim streetlamp in the long winter nights!

Back