Smoking

Crazy Goat posted on Aug 3 2006 at 05:48 AM said:
Klown posted on Aug 1 2006 at 09:45 AM said:
I know what would relax you: a nice silky smooth and flavorful cigar.

Inhaling anything into my lungs hardly classifies as silky smooth.
That's not how to smoke a cigar anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
LHC posted on Aug 2 2006 at 05:52 PM said:
Hookah/Shishas are wonderful though, because they have many enjoyable to smoke flavours, and they are really smooth and the smoke looks nice and they are probably less deadly.

You call that logical?! Smoothness doesn't have anything to do with the deadlyness of a sigaret. Lucky Strikes are also smooth and they contain just as much shit as a moron sig. which taste much worser then luckies I must say.

And about the flavours: Much sigs which contain extra flavours like Barclay Mentol are very bad for your voicebox.

Inhaling anything into my lungs hardly classifies as silky smooth.

You don't inhale smoke of cigars, you just taste the smoke in your mouth.

NoidZ posted on Aug 3 2006 at 11:46 AM said:
LHC posted on Aug 2 2006 at 05:52 PM said:
Hookah/Shishas are wonderful though, because they have many enjoyable to smoke flavours, and they are really smooth and the smoke looks nice and they are probably less deadly.

You call that logical?! Smoothness doesn't have anything to do with the deadlyness of a sigaret. Lucky Strikes are also smooth and they contain just as much shit as a moron sig. which taste much worser then luckies I must say.
It doesn't matter if it's logical. I just read on Wikipedia that they are probably around equally as bad as a regular cig, but I don't care. If you actually didn't say "hookas are wonderful because they are improve your health" or even "hookas are wonderful because they aren't as bad.

The fact that I thought they might be less deadly isn't the only reason I smoke them. Now I know that they aren't I will still smoke them when I can, because as I said "they have many enjoyable to smoke flavours, and they are really smooth".

Also the reason people smoke Lucky Strikes is because they are cool as fuck.

Cool as fuck :blink: The only reason I smoke Lucky Strike that it is the only brand which doesn't give me this crappy taste in my mouth. :huh:

How much are you spending on them per a Week??? times that by 52 (52 weeks ;) ) then that will make you quite !!!! ;)

Seriously you could be saving £1,000 - £3,000+ per a Year!!! then times it by 10 (10 Years ;) ) and that could be £10,000 - £30,000+ you have saved in 10 years!!!

Think of what else that could be used on instead of slowly killing yourself / reducing your life span!!

NoidZ posted on Aug 3 2006 at 10:46 AM said:
You don't inhale smoke of cigars, you just taste the smoke in your mouth.
I know someone who smoked a whole cigar and inhaled its smoke... He barely made it to the restroom in time :rolleyes:

ste_167 posted on Aug 7 2006 at 10:51 AM said:
At what point do the cravings stop!!? One week. Zero fags.
The cravings should be at their worst after about 3-4 days I think, so you are doing well. By 2-3 weeks they should have almost completely gone.

Good luck :)

The only reason why cigaretttes aren't banned completely is because the government makes so much money from them. They're looking to cut medical costs by reducing obesity by removing certain chemicals from food and having advertising telling you how to eat healthily. That's just great, except a high number of people go to hospital because of smoking, possibly even more than obesity (need to find figures). Smoking cigaretttes is just as dangerous to your health as using some of the banned drugs, so why can't we get rid of them? Why is it still perfectly legal to buy them?

nickspoon posted on Aug 7 2006 at 11:07 AM said:
Good luck :)

The only reason why cigaretttes aren't banned completely is because the government makes so much money from them. They're looking to cut medical costs by reducing obesity by removing certain chemicals from food and having advertising telling you how to eat healthily. That's just great, except a high number of people go to hospital because of smoking, possibly even more than obesity (need to find figures). Smoking cigaretttes is just as dangerous to your health as using some of the banned drugs, so why can't we get rid of them? Why is it still perfectly legal to buy them?
Because banning them would be bad. Just because something is bad for your health doesn't mean they should be banned. We all have a choice.

LHC posted on Aug 7 2006 at 11:17 AM said:
Because banning them would be bad. Just because something is bad for your health doesn't mean they should be banned. We all have a choice.
Then why make certain drugs illegal, but not this one in particular?

It's shocking that 16 year olds are legally allowed to buy them. I'd suggest 21 would be a better legal age, but that's not going to happen. We'll continue to see kids getting hooked on a killer habit.

nickspoon posted on Aug 7 2006 at 11:20 AM said:
LHC posted on Aug 7 2006 at 11:17 AM said:
Then why make certain drugs illegal, but not this one in particular?
Don't ask me.

You are only hooked if you are lazy and week willed. As much of the youth today is. Literally 97% of my school smokes. 90% of my year 11 tutor group. 3 of us didn't. All the rest did.

So by your stats, your class had less smokers in it than the majority of other ones in your school..??

sam fisher posted on Aug 7 2006 at 11:28 AM said:
You are only hooked if you are lazy and week willed. As much of the youth today is. Literally 97% of my school smokes. 90% of my year 11 tutor group. 3 of us didn't. All the rest did.
The people at your school must be rubbish.

Congratulations. Hang in there and never give in to that idea that 'just one will not make any difference' that haunts anyone trying to break an addiction. You are one third to halfway there.
You only have to do a quick search to find that nicotine is, more often than not, considered one of the hardest, if not the hardest, addiction to break. The fact that it is legal and available makes it even harder to quit.
To say people are lazy and weak when dealing with addiction when you have no experience of it is a little presumptuous. If you don't know what you are talking about STFU.

Back