Smcs Survive Sledgehammer Smashing & Nailing

Rico

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
Have a look at this article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3939333.stm

They basically run a bunch of cards over with a child's toy car, dip them in coffee and cola, give them to a 6-year-old kid to destroy, run them over with a skateboard and put them into a washing machine. All 5 types of card survive this.

Then they smash them with a sledgehammer and nail them to a tree, and only the xD and Smartmedia cards still allow photos to be retrieved.

Just something to put your mind at ease.

So was I! I daren't even leave one out on my desk without putting it back in its plastic sleeve. I think I can afford to be a little more careful now, I don't think I'd ever accidentally nail it to a tree!

yeah, they're pretty strong, but they are sensitive to shocks, i once dropped my gp32 with smc inside, the shock made all data slightly corrupt, probably still recoverable by professionals, but corrupt none the less (was smc with ogg files, songs played for some seconds, and the crashed yogg due to erroneous data)

adr posted on Aug 1 2004 at 02:54 PM said:
So was I! I daren't even leave one out on my desk without putting it back in its plastic sleeve. I think I can afford to be a little more careful now, I don't think I'd ever accidentally nail it to a tree!
I wonder if it could survive an accidental incounter with your moms fat ass?We should run some tests on this. Get back to us with the update asap!

Last edited by a moderator:
"This is trevor macdonald for the itv evening news.
our top story today, smc's withstand a sledge hammering"

Trevor%20MacDonald%207.jpg

Obviously nothing interesting happened while i was away

Off topic I know but where I used to work we had a squirrel that used to run about in the trees outside the office. I got run over one day. The girls in the office were really upset. They were even more upset when I bought a squirrel glove puppet and nailed it to one of the trees. It looked like a flat squirrel was climbing the tree :) The blokes found it hilarious though :)

I'll get my coat :)

wolly_wotsit posted on Aug 2 2004 at 11:18 AM said:

that really is a great picture of trevor mcdonald..............im VERY tempted to ditch coleman for mcdonald

bringoutthegimp posted on Aug 2 2004 at 02:38 PM said:

that really is a great picture of trevor mcdonald..............im VERY tempted to ditch coleman for mcdonald
Coleman, I thought that was you?!?!? Ha Ha Ha.

Kop_007 posted on Aug 2 2004 at 04:59 PM said:
bringoutthegimp posted on Aug 2 2004 at 02:38 PM said:

Coleman, I thought that was you?!?!? Ha Ha Ha.
me too

Back