Memory Card Fragile? Guess Again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cozmic

Website
Visit site
I found this article @ "nu.nl", wich is a dutch online newspaper.
I tried to translate it as good as possible.

After reading this you will see GAMEPARK made the right decision by intergrating a SM card slot in the gp32

AMSTERDAM - Vacationers with digital cameras do not need to be worried about damaging their flash memory cards during traveling. The cards appeared indestructible. That appeared in a test held by Digital Camera Shopper. The researchers let various memory cards (CompactFlash, Precise Digital, xD, Memory Stick and sorrow media) take a 'survival parcours'.

The memory cards were plunged in a glass of coke, placed in a washing machine, after that in a cup of hot coffee, then they were driven over by a skateboard and a toy car. As a final test, the cards were give to a six year old young child "to destroy" the cards. The memory cards remained working as usual. Even the fragile, thin cards did not let down.

However when the researchers nailed the cards down on a tree, and smacked them with a furrow hammer, the most cards.stopped working

To their surprise the xD and the smart media cards remained working as usual.

hehe cool but I find it kinda hard to believe that a six year old could not snap those verry flimsy Smart media cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back