Small repair issue

Hi ED. So recently the internal right shoulder button broke (and, upon further inspection, fell out) on my pandora as described here

Apparently link can't fix this kind of thing. But since it's such a small repair would it be possible for me me avoid sending my pandora to you by just buying the part and having it shipped to me? Also, would that even be a smart thing to do or is the shoulder button something that a machine puts in the pandora?

Just to clarify I am talking about the actual tiny internal button that is beneath the black external shoulder trigger.

Edit: also, if it is Possible, how much would it cost to pay for and have it shipped to me approximately. Alternatively, how much would it cost for me to have you fix it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can send you the part, yes. That wouldn't cost much, as a microswitch isn't that big or heavy.

However, it depends on whether the PCB is broken or not.

If the button came off, you should be able to fix it with some soldering skills.

If the pad on the PCB came off, it might be nigh impossible to get this fixed :/

Have you checked what's broken?

I can send you the part, yes. That wouldn't cost much, as a microswitch isn't that big or heavy.

However, it depends on whether the PCB is broken or not.

If the button came off, you should be able to fix it with some soldering skills.

If the pad on the PCB came off, it might be nigh impossible to get this fixed :/

Have you checked what's broken?

I actually can't tell because I don't know what it would look like if the pad was broken. (note that I would not be doing to actual soldering because I have no experience here). However, I had posted a picture of the pcb board where it came off and a couple people on that thread said it looked repairable.

Here it is again

post-3294-0-29775500-1340386280_thumb.jpg

If it looks ok then I will email you soon about it.

edit: sorry, that pic is uber tiny. here's a proper link to that picture.

http://boards.openpa...&attach_id=3116

As for what's broken, it's really just the little button module thing, Aside from being physically detached from the pcb it also does not click, like it's jammed internally.

Last edited by a moderator:
A broken pad is usually a pad that has detached from the board. if they're still attached to the board, then they should be fine.

Back