Small Print

GPJosh

Addicted to Chrono Trigger
Website
Visit site
I was watching a little but of tv before bed as usuall when I discovered something very strange about one cereal ad. When comparing the calcium between Total and Special K the small text "Not tested with cereal" appeared at the botom of the screen. WHAT?!?! ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT ME THAT MY ADs ARE MADE BY PEOPLE WHO DON'T TEST THEIR AD'S FACTS WITH THEIR CEREAL?!?! Are you kidding me?!?!

Anyway that was my rant of the day. ;) If anybody has any other rants or funny small print :D post here.

Rants, no; funny small print, yes:

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Thanks in part to prolonged exposure to 'dsylxeic l3t3$p@3|<', the above was halfway decipherable to me. :p

(And I'll take my Special K over Total, thankyouverymuch.)

TandeM posted on Mar 13 2004 at 07:49 AM said:
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
That's freaky. It's totally true!

(and reminded me of Blippeds posts)

Last edited by a moderator:
TandeM posted on Mar 13 2004 at 02:49 AM said:
Rants, no; funny small print, yes:

Thanks in part to prolonged exposure to 'dsylxeic l3t3$p@3|<', the above was halfway decipherable to me. :p

(And I'll take my Special K over Total, thankyouverymuch.)
I remebre hearing that

I didnt notice that it was like that untill I read more of it

lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Anidroccg to crad cniyrrag lcitsiugnis planoissefors at an uemannd, utisreviny in Bsitirh Cibmuloa, and crartnoy to the duoibus cmials of the ueticnd rcraeseh, a slpmie, macinahcel ioisrevnn of ianretnl cretcarahs araepps sneiciffut to csufnoe the eadyrevy oekoolnr.

Or:

According to card carrying linguistics professionals at an unnamed, university in British Columbia and contrary to the dubious claims of the uncited research, a simple, mechanical inversion of internal characters appears sufficient to confuse the everyday onlooker.

So maybe just the first and last letter are not enough ;)

Back