Software Small issue with Time

Swordfish II

Advanced Member
For a while now I have had a small but annoying issue with the time on my Pandora.

As soon as I boot it, the time is correct and right. After about 10-15 min it will be exactly one hour behind the current time.

Since it is exactly and hour off I figured it must be a time zone issue right? So I went into Orage and set the time zone to EST. Didn't work. Went into the settings menu and went through US> etc and Selected New York, nope no joy. Still an hour behind. I tried looking for a Daylight Savings modification thing to see if maybe that is the case with no luck.

Any ideas? It is kind of driving me bonkers.

The 10-15 minutes thing is weird. Makes me wonder if you've set your unit up to sync time on network connect (I think you can do that on Pandora, but mine's currently out of action). Do you usually connect to a network?

A NTP server running with the wrong UTC time wouldn't explain things. How is the right value apparently getting stored in your RTC? But it may be worth ruling out nonetheless.

@Swordfish II Did you do more tests? Like: Working offline (no wifi) for an hour and check the time then?

It was not set up to use ntp. I went back into orage and selected ESTEDT5 and it reads the correct time.

Guess I'll wait an see.

Back